Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not a dev but I can tell you this: absolutely not!

Alpha, Beta, and RCs do not belong on a final release like Dharma.

Unless XBMC devs wait another month (10.10 release plus a couple of weeks to test) that is highly unlikely.

hudo
madmalkav Wrote:Anyone knows if SVN PPA will get Ubuntu Maverick (10.10) binaries before the official Maverick release?

Yes of course, Team XBMC will release Maverick binaries later tonight, Specially for those who cant compile their own and or are too lazy. Rolleyes

hudo Wrote:I'm not a dev but I can tell you this: absolutely not!

Alpha, Beta, and RCs do not belong on a final release like Dharma.

Unless XBMC devs wait another month (10.10 release plus a couple of weeks to test) that is highly unlikely.

hudo

Bah, wheres your sense of humus?

I can see it now, XBMC RC2 Maverick RC1 binaries in the oven... Asif...
Calm down...

Not everyone is forced to know how releases get ready for mainstream consumption. And in case you didn't notice, it's madmalkav first post.

Welcome!

hudo
Thanks for the reply Hudo.

Being both Dharma and Maverick being near to their release dates, it was a possibility that someone was making that builds to test if things were going along well on the next Ubuntu revision.
Why isn't ppa being built automatically? I thought that was the point.
madmalkav Wrote:Thanks for the reply Hudo.

Being both Dharma and Maverick being near to their release dates, it was a possibility that someone was making that builds to test if things were going along well on the next Ubuntu revision.

You can start checking xbmcfreak's site after Dharma final and ubuntu 10.10 are out. They usually are a few months ahead of team XBMC official releases. You might get lucky and grab a 10.10 LiveCD with dharma as soon as 10.10 is out...

hudo
sandos Wrote:Why isn't ppa being built automatically? I thought that was the point.

Probably a development option.
I imagine it's much less confusion during important development cycles (add-on engine comes to mind) if svn builds aren't available to the average user.

In any case, users that constantly change between stable/unstable version - like myself - usually end up building from trunk when the svn ppa isn't building.

/hudo
X3lectric Wrote:Yes of course, Team XBMC will release Maverick binaries later tonight, Specially for those who cant compile their own and or are too lazy.
Didn't show up on my update this morning,a nd not (yet) listed here: https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa

...I'm eagerly looking forward to testing Dharma on Maverick...!!
newest svn build gives me strange SMB issues, gonna post debug-log later on
I compiled SVN 34234 today and notice that external subtitles aren't the default subtitles anymore.
For example, if you have an external .srt and the .mkv file has 5 internal subtitle, XBMC will select subtitle 2/6.
In this scenario, external subtitle (subtitle.srt) will be the 1/6, but XBMC will use the 1st internal (2/6).

Anyone can confirm this behavior?
Should I open a ticket for that?

Thanks in advance for any input.

EDIT: also affects R34275 (compiled 09/28).
Hallo, i have one question pls Smile

I start my xbmc @ fullscreen but when i hit the "z" button it shows me that the video plays windowed.
Is this normal in the latest build ?
Also the settings say its fullscreen but there isnt an option anymore in r33778 for real fullscreen.
You guys really should be making new threads when you have general questions. This thread is about the PPA's.
I talk about the SVN PPA.
MrDVD Wrote:I talk about the SVN PPA.

You are using the SVN PPA. You are not asking a question about the PPA, but about that particular SVN. Please keep questions in this thread pertaining to:
  • whether or not the PPA is built
  • whether all parts are built correctly
  • dependencies on the PPA package
  • package availability for different architectures
Well i dont know what you want, i use this " https://edge.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-svn/+archive/ppa" an its part of the first posting inside this topic.

As you can see 2:10.00~svn33778-* is the last build and i talk about this and nothing else Sad

All i want to know is. " Is it only me that see "windowed" or is it the same for everyone with this build.