Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I assumed that this proces was completely automated. My mistake. Saw some updates on the unstable ppa, but none on his ppa.
eh the unstable is built everyday even if thers no Linux relevant updates to GIT... But upgrading packages is not automated, unless you set up some sort of cron-job to do it for you...

Also unstable is vanilla while sitz has bluray support enabled.

This is why I compile because I can do whatever I want when I want.
went ahead and made the switch to the unstable ppa, the install went fine. I was under the impression that the unstable build had crystalhd support, but I am not seeing it, did I miss or overlook something.
I installed the unstable ppa as well, and it upgraded 10.1 to 11.0 alpha-beta. It worked for a little while, but suddenly went to a black screen in between trailers that were being streamed via the Cinema Experience add-on. Rebooted, tried to start up XBMC, but blank screen again (and I'm not sure how to get out of it without a reboot).
I would reboot check and see if it kicked out a crash log and enable debug logging if the issue presents itself again.
Yes it kicked out a crash log. What should I be looking for? Here is a portion:

PHP Code:
############## XBMC CRASH LOG ###############

################ SYSTEM INFO ################

DateWed Jul 13 22:29:50 EDT 2011
 XBMC Options

Archx86_64
 Kernel
Linux 2.6.35-23-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 11:55:36 UTC 2010

Release

Distributor ID:    LinuxMint
    Description
:    Linux Mint 10 Julia
    Release
:    10
    Codename
:    julia
############## END SYSTEM INFO ##############

############### STACK TRACE #################
=====>  Core file: /home/midnightwatcher/core (2011-07-13 22:29:49.889300002 -0400)
        =========================================
[New 
Thread 16056]
[New 
Thread 16080]
[New 
Thread 16081]
[New 
Thread 16086]
[New 
Thread 16087]
[New 
Thread 16082]
[New 
Thread 16073]
[New 
Thread 16330]
[New 
Thread 16085]
[New 
Thread 16095]
[New 
Thread 16083]
[New 
Thread 16084]
[New 
Thread 16088]
[New 
Thread 16332]
[New 
Thread 16384]
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x00007fc40fb69ba5 in raise () from /lib/libc.so.6 
could you post via pastebin and put the link here? going to need to see the entire crash file, and again turn on debug logging and if the problem presents itself again post that as well.
MidnightWatcher Wrote:I installed the unstable ppa as well, and it upgraded 10.1 to 11.0 alpha-beta. It worked for a little while, but suddenly went to a black screen in between trailers that were being streamed via the Cinema Experience add-on. Rebooted, tried to start up XBMC, but blank screen again (and I'm not sure how to get out of it without a reboot).

Maybe it has something to do with auto adjust display rate? Do you have sound?
I tried the "unstable" PPA got the "blackscreen crash" mentioned earlier.
Though I was able to kill the xbmc process, on the second attempt it worked. Had no issues with playback but I had some strange issues with my sources not updating.
Anyone having issues getting the nightlies to install ?
I keep getting xbmc is already newest version
however sudo apt-cache showpkg xbmc tells me i'm running

2:11.0~git20110723.40499ec-0ubuntu1~ppa1~lucid

however on the ppa its showing a build 7 hours ago

2:11.0~git20110731.0dfa8a9-0ubuntu1~ppa1~lucid

is it just me being thick ?
luna_s Wrote:Anyone having issues getting the nightlies to install ?
I keep getting xbmc is already newest version
however sudo apt-cache showpkg xbmc tells me i'm running

2:11.0~git20110723.40499ec-0ubuntu1~ppa1~lucid

however on the ppa its showing a build 7 hours ago

2:11.0~git20110731.0dfa8a9-0ubuntu1~ppa1~lucid

is it just me being thick ?

Yes, that build FAILED across the board very clearly marked failed.

look at ppa page https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/unstable top right corner.
heh thanks, me being thick then, I usually go to the page and just scroll down without looking . I guess it hasn't built for a few days now
Hi there,

I'm just wondering when (or if) the PPA for Natty will be created? I installed the PPA, but when I do a sudo apt-get update (or update my Update Manager), I get an error that it's a 404 (not found).

Thanks, and have a great daySmile
Patrick.
PatrickDickey Wrote:Hi there,

I'm just wondering when (or if) the PPA for Natty will be created? I installed the PPA, but when I do a sudo apt-get update (or update my Update Manager), I get an error that it's a 404 (not found).

Thanks, and have a great daySmile
Patrick.

Welcome to the forums... Oo

It already exists, its called xbmc unstable ppa Shocked

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/unstable

you add it like

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository [b]ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc[/b]

On another note if you dont mind me asking, Where do you stand with respect of people googling or be bothered to read threads or even search the forums? :confused2:

Hope that answers your question.

cheers.
Did something happen to the nightlies a few releases back? It remove a bunch of pre-reqs and now only the binary seems to update. I've lost the application icon and have no idea how to run? Was working fine a couple of weeks back.