Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will there be a stable Team-XBMC PPA for Eden once it is released?
double, sorry
HellFire's repo is fine, but AirTunes/Airplay is not enabled by default? My iTunes can't see it.

Another problem, the xbmc does not want to start automatically, just manually (xinit xbmc-standalone). I have xbmc user, and xbmc-live installed, no desktop manager.
adriankoooo Wrote:HellFire's repo is fine, but AirTunes/Airplay is not enabled by default? My iTunes can't see it.
Just checked the build logs, airtunes/airplay support is enabled. Check you have libshairport0 installed.

adriankoooo Wrote:Another problem, the xbmc does not want to start automatically, just manually (xinit xbmc-standalone). I have xbmc user, and xbmc-live installed, no desktop manager.
Someone else may have an idea about that. I had LXDE installed and ran it from autostart. When I have a little free time, I'll check both in a virtual machine.
Thanks, first I am going to make autostart work again, then I am looking at the AirTunes. Smile
I am really confused with the ppa's. What should the version be for xbmc eden beta in the system info window. I updated my ppa and I think I upgraded in system info it now says xbmc pre11 compiled dec 11 git unknown.

I am using the unstable ppa which was posted on the xboxmediacenter site for upgrading.

Thanks,

Dave
In HellFire's repo the xbmc-live is broken.

When I do an apt-get install xbmc xbmc-live install from Stable repo, then everything is fine (service xbmc-live start/stop working). When I install same package from HellFire repo, then I can start xbmc manually only: xinit xbmc-standalone, xbmc-live is not working.
I am testing hellfires repo as well. Is video_ts and dvd playback broken in the latest upgrade I have sound but no video for all nas stored dvd's (video_ts folders) with any skin and no dvd playback at all all my hi-res stuff seems ok. anyone else.

Dave

*edit* went back to hellfires stable build and video_ts playback is good, hd is good, no dvd playback but all else seems fine.

Dave
rodercot Wrote:*edit* went back to hellfires stable build and video_ts playback is good, hd is good, no dvd playback but all else seems fine.

Dave

The xbmc-live is working for you? I am trying it on Lucid.
adriankoooo Wrote:The xbmc-live is working for you? I am trying it on Lucid.

I am not running -live- I am on mythbuntu 10.04 lts.

Dave
when having problems with xbmc-live, please check if there's any error messages: when doing a dpkg-reconfigure at terminal/SSH and xbmc-live is missing a uxlaunch directory, simply do an apt-get install uxlaunch and see this thread for details:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98773
Late reply, but looks like the missing dependency is a bug in the packaging on github. It's only including uxlaunch for natty (it should be >= maverick).

* Edit: Nope, postinst script is trying to use uxlaunch and lightdm. My next nightly should have it fixed.
Hi HellFire

Whats goind on with you PPA?
Upstream changes broke the builds, 3 days ago the READMEs were moved to the docs/ dir (packaging repo hasn't been updated for that yet). Should be sorted now.
(2012-05-08, 00:43)HellFire Wrote: [ -> ]Upstream changes broke the builds, 3 days ago the READMEs were moved to the docs/ dir (packaging repo hasn't been updated for that yet). Should be sorted now.

THX! Angel When will there be new builds?