Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still no working Builds...
I was unable to set up ubuntu in my pc. now i will be able to set up ubuntu. Now i will start try to set up ubuntu.

SEO services
would these work on XBMCuntu?
XBMC is part of ubuntu repository since precise, I was wondering if team xbmc will still release xbmc in the ppa that uses ffmpeg instead of libav and include things like afp and rar support. I cant find any packages for precise in ppa.
I am trying to install XBMC from the ppa on an arm device running Maverick

(Specifically, I want to install XBMC on the webtop on my Motorola Droid, an OMAP4 SoC device)
I have enabled the ppa, and can select xbmc2:11.0-git20120321.14feb09-0ubuntu1-ppa1-maverick
but I am unable to install because of the failed dependency:
xbmc-bin(<2.11.0-git20120321.14feb09-0ubuntu1-ppa1-maverick )

I have looked in the repository and also on the open web and cannot find an armel xbmc-bin package.

Can anyone help me with this?
(2012-05-23, 17:31)zekeb Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to install XBMC from the ppa on an arm device running Maverick

(Specifically, I want to install XBMC on the webtop on my Motorola Droid, an OMAP4 SoC device)
I have enabled the ppa, and can select xbmc2:11.0-git20120321.14feb09-0ubuntu1-ppa1-maverick
but I am unable to install because of the failed dependency:
xbmc-bin(<2.11.0-git20120321.14feb09-0ubuntu1-ppa1-maverick )

I have looked in the repository and also on the open web and cannot find an armel xbmc-bin package.

Can anyone help me with this?
You can build your own

$ cd /usr/src/
$ sudo git clone git://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc.git
$ cd xbmc
$ nano README.armel
(2011-12-09, 13:52)HellFire Wrote: [ -> ]Use my PPA. Mine is up-to-date and should update fine.

ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-nightly
https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewald...mc-nightly

I also have stable builds for Ubuntu 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04.
ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-stable
https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewald...bmc-stable

Just wondering if XBMC is compiled with pulse enabled in the nightly repo. Anybody known?
I'm using the latest build from Hellfire's PPA and I can't play any video... Is there something I'm doing wrong? Sad
-------------------
Never mind I solved the problem, although the cpu usage of the player it's worse than the one i had using the XBMC stable release (i don't have a vdpau/vaapi capable graphic card Sad)!!! Is this normal Undecided?
I installed Ubuntu in Virtualbox since my distro doesn't have scratchbox precompiled.

Following the instructions, I am unable to find cputransp at www.scratchpad.org/download/files/sbox-releases/stable/tarball (also not at 'legacy') via the manual method, and the automatic method fails as it can't find cputrans or toolchain (cs2007q3-51sb3)
Also, http://linux.onarm.com/ a dead link.

These instructions are really for compiling on another device for a Beagleboard. Shouldn't I be able to compile on the device itself? I am running Ubuntu 10.04 on the webtop.
Hello Hellfire.

The last few weeks i can't update my XBMC with your REPO. I get the following FATAL error ( according to the log ):

12:14:05 T:3015051568 ERROR: PulseAudio: Failed to connect context
12:14:05 T:3015051568 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Failed to start the AudioEngine

Do you maybe know how i can fix this? Thanks in advance
I'm not getting any updates on xbmc since 2 months ago, is ppa:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/unstable/ubuntu maverick
dead?

What should i use instead?
I've not seen an update since 3-23-2012 as well. Is there some other PPA out there that the maintainer will actually keep up to date or have we all been left in the dust?
(2012-06-03, 12:21)Henkske Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Hellfire.

The last few weeks i can't update my XBMC with your REPO. I get the following FATAL error ( according to the log ):

12:14:05 T:3015051568 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Failed to start the AudioEngine

PulseAudio should be disabled when building.

EDIT: Misread, should be
@HellFire

Anyway you would consider holding a monthly build? To avoid a moving target for us that want to test AE and thumbnails stored in mysql?
I think i t would make sense with the new dev cycles.

//J

EDIT2: BTW, I also get

(2012-06-06, 15:23)erhnam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-03, 12:21)Henkske Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Hellfire.

PulseAudio should be disabled when building.

Thank you. I will try to compile XBMC by myselfSmile