Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing Dreambox .TS files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I'm using XBMC on Leopard but I can't play Dreambox .TS files. Playing them with VLC, MPlayer or EyeTV works fine. What I'm doing wrong? Any hints?
Thanks.

PS
The QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component is already installed.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=AdvancedSettings.xml edit video extensions and add the extension. i made a gui thing here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33208 not sure if it works no one has left any feedback.
I've created a AdvancedSettings.xml and added a .ts entry. I've also run your haha.py but it made no difference because .TS is already in the current extensions list for videos.

I think XBMC can't play this transport stream files because QuickTime Player can't open them. Is it possible to configure XBMC to view those files using VLC or MPlayer engine instead of QuickTime Player?
XBMC doesn't rely on quicktime to open anything for now. I would suggest making a >50MB sample file and creating a bug ticket on our trac system and attaching the sample so we can at least have it on our radar.
I've created a bug ticket with a sample file: Ticket #221
Thanks Smile
you missed the most important part. a debug log
Sorry.
Debug file xbmc.log added Rolleyes
odd, player doesn't find any streams in that file at all. in what country was it captured?
In Germany. Have you tried to play the movie sample on your system?
Same problem in linux XBMC.. can not play .ts files at all. remote or local does not matter. mplayer/vlc plays them nice.
I have the same problem in OSXBMC with .ts files recorded on my back-end media server with DVB-T receiver card. Symptom is it's buffering the file for a long time (several minutes) then just end buffering and returns to the file listing within XBMC without. I've been using VLC and XBMC on Xbox together with this back-end server for about 3 years and they've never had any problems playing these files.
Wohoo! Nod

The ffmpeg update of the 0.5.0b4 release seems to have solved this issue. At least it now works for me. pasurimi, you might want to verify this as well.

Michael
Big Grin Yes, XBMC 0.5.0b4 can play now Dreambox .TS files Nod
Thanks for resolving the problem!!
Sorry to say the linux version is still not working as of svn build 13361 Sad
And I was mistaken.. it plays .ts files fine now.. has to run ./xbmc.bin nowdays Smile

But browsing the dreambox got broken instead.
Pages: 1 2