Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can we Help??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious since XBMC for windows is still in alpha/beta stage and is way behind Linux Sad how can we as users help to catch it up? I can help beta testing but where do you provide feedbacks?

ALSO?? Since we're here, what would be the best remote solution? I plan on getting a remote for my HTPC, which one works well with XBMC?

What about this:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mousea...px?pid=065
as far as i know they aren't accepting bug reports yet... seeing as the windows version is basicly the 'skin' machine with some stuff that works now..
I have several systems, let me know if you want code coverage across these systems.

A) AMD64 (2ghz) X2 - nForce4 - nVidia 6150 Video - 1gb ram
B) AMD64 (2.2ghz) X2 - nForce4 - nVidia 6150 Video - 1gb ram
C) AMD64 (2ghz) X2 - nForce4 - nVidia 7600 - 2gb ram
D) Intel32 Celeron 2.4ghz - Compaq Laptop - ATI IGP 340m - 768mb ram
E) AMD32 (1.8ghz) - nForce2 - ATI 9600 AGP - 768mb ram.

Most systems idle crunching Folding@Hold units.
icekiller Wrote:as far as i know they aren't accepting bug reports yet... seeing as the windows version is basicly the 'skin' machine with some stuff that works now..

I have to disagree with you there. The old DX port (xbmc_pc.exe) was a skin machine.. But the new SDL port (xbmc.exe) is a full blown port of the linux bransh.

Streaming, Video, Music, Plugins, Python everything is more or less already working.
We're still sorting out which bug tracking system to use. Once settled I would like to get also bug reports for the windows version even when it's still alpha.
davidw89 Wrote:how can we as users help to catch it up?
You can always try to find/attact more developers for the project, if you happen you know a C++ programmer, or have a friend of a friend who is knows one, ...demo XBMC for them an try to lobby them to get involved.

As XBMC is a cross-platform software it does not have to be for Win32 they help with either, any improvements make to the Linux and Mac OS X ports of XBMC also benifit XBMC for Windows, and vice versa.