Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought you meant "launching" as in starting when it is not already in memory.

You mean that it is already loading in memory and you want to bring it to focus (and do some other stuff).

Try this...
use XBMC to send the EG command you want, using the standard method you posted in your first response to my issue.
use EG to monitor the closing, or minimizing, of Sage to trigger a maximizing (or loading) of XBMC.

that should work without issue.
Livin Wrote:I thought you meant "launching" as in starting when it is not already in memory.

You mean that it is already loading in memory and you want to bring it to focus (and do some other stuff).

Try this...
use XBMC to send the EG command you want, using the standard method you posted in your first response to my issue.
use EG to monitor the closing, or minimizing, of Sage to trigger a maximizing (or loading) of XBMC.

that should work without issue.
It's kinda doing the reverse. XBMC is telling EG to PowerOn sage (restore it from the tray) and go to the myTV screen. This takes a second for Sage to respond. As soon as EG is done issuing the command XBMC sees it as closed and restores itself before Sage fully reponds. XBMC is covering Sage, but remote is controlling Sage.
kricker Wrote:It's kinda doing the reverse. XBMC is telling EG to PowerOn sage (restore it from the tray) and go to the myTV screen. This takes a second for Sage to respond. As soon as EG is done issuing the command XBMC sees it as closed and restores itself before Sage fully reponds. XBMC is covering Sage, but remote is controlling Sage.

even if you use XBMC.System.Exec ?

If that is the case here what I would try...

1) ensure the main Sage EXE is 100% closed (not in memory) unless it is launched by XBMC
2) after XBMC launches it, use EG to detect the EXE in memory then send it commands you need... maximize, change screens, etc

this way, once you close the Sage EXE, what XBMC initially launched (not EG) XBMC should automatically come back up.

if that does not work you could just have EG bring XBMC back up when it detects Sage get minimized and/or closed.
kricker Wrote:I know it is still not what you want, but this is doable using the
XBMC.System.ExecWait command without launcher.
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.System.ExecWait("D:\Communications\Firefox\firefox.exe" -p karl)</onclick>

Seems to do this with the XBMC.SystemExec command as well. I tested launching firefox, and both times XBMC minimized then restored itself when firefox was closed.

do you know the command for doing that in Ubuntu?
slacker666 Wrote:do you know the command for doing that in Ubuntu?
Have you tried the same command?
Hi, Don't shout at me if this has already been asked but, I've installed the launcher plugin on XBMC for windows and thats all cool. The problem is that when I come back to XBMC from the app the screen is black :~ The program hasn't crashed as I still hear the noises from moving round the screen and I can blindly click on another app which launches. Is there any ideas or tricks I can try please??
Amazing. This is exactly what I wanted for exactly the purpose I wanted it. This will make switching from XBMC on an Xbox to XBMC on a HTPC an easy switch. (All I use my Xbox for now are videos and emu's).
kricker Wrote:I know it is still not what you want, but this is doable using the
XBMC.System.ExecWait command without launcher.
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.System.ExecWait("D:\Communications\Firefox\firefox.exe" -p karl)</onclick>

Seems to do this with the XBMC.SystemExec command as well. I tested launching firefox, and both times XBMC minimized then restored itself when firefox was closed.

This may be a stupid question, but can the onlick command be used as a source? i.e. can i call Firefox by adding a command like the above as a source under the my programs section?

something like:
Code:
<programs>
        <default pathversion="1">programs</default>
        <source>
            <name>Firefox</name>
            <path pathversion="1"><onclick>XBMC.System.ExecWait("D:\Communications\Firefox\firefox.exe" -p karl)</onclick>
</path>
            <thumbnail pathversion="1">C:\...Thumbnails\Programs\firefox.tbn</thumbnail>
    </programs>

Thanks,
Zach
When I try to open the program, nothing happends. What am I doing wrong? I am running XBMC on Windows XP.
Lime90 Wrote:When I try to open the program, nothing happends. What am I doing wrong? I am running XBMC on Windows XP.
Can you please post a log file, using pastebin.com or something?
Here is the log.
empty Wrote:mhhm I have a Problem, I have XBMC-Windows and tried to use the Launcher 1.02 plugin, but this error message comes up:

I had the same problem.

But now it just hangs on "Reading Directory" Blush
_Shift Wrote:I had the same problem.

But now it just hangs on "Reading Directory" Blush

Yupp, same for me too.
I read trough the thread but couldn´t find any sollution. I´m more used to "Out of the Box" Software but this one has drawn my attention.
Will there be a fix in svn?
Depending on the recency of your build, you might try the very most recent update. I guess there was a plugin issue for the past day or two.
I've got the newest build, 18946. I've made the changes to the lines specified here.

Still getting the same error as _Shift.