Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
leo2 Wrote:Help to get it working under Mac OS X would be appreciated as I do not own a Mac.

I am using a Mac, how can I help. Right now all I can tell you is that your plug-in doesn't work on the Mac.
Still can't find working emulators for vista32 and xbmc, leo metioned Zatemame32 but i can't find anything on the net?
ok i can get zetamame32 to work but only when xbmc is running in windowed mode. has there been any solution to this?
Morning

I cannot get Launcher to even start. Installed Launcher1.03.zip and every time i run it i get

I have made the changes listed on this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=286...tcount=248 regarding the special directories and its still not working. Actually, i have never had it to work. This was my first attempt at trying it out.

XBMC Ver: 9.04-alpha1 r19419 (compiled April 12, 2009)

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!
Launcher is not a script, is a plugin.
You should add it as a source for programs.
See the first post in this thread for details.
leo2 Wrote:Launcher is not a script, is a plugin.
You should add it as a source for programs.
See the first post in this thread for details.

I do have it setup as per instructions in the first post. When i go into Program -> Program Plugins -> Launcher, thats when i get the error listed in my previous message. It hasnt even ran once, so i have no applications added to it.
Can you post a log file?
it seems that you wrongly edit the file.
you removed an space or more in line 43.
you should indent the line like the other lines there.
can you pastebin your launcher_plugin.py?
Haha damnit! ya your right. I was editing the file in vi and didnt see any indents. I deleted Launcher, unziped it again and edited the files using nano, and now it loads properly! Time to test apps. Thank you!

Cheers!
I'm still having a problem with Launcher. So i got it running and i added zsnes application to it. I told it where the zip/smc files were and gave it no command line arguments. It crashes xbmc right off the bat after i added the app, so i restarted and went back it. It imported all the files and i can see them, but when i click on one to start, it shows a progress bar then back to the same screen. tried multiple files with no luck, and tried the same files as the commandline with no arguments (ex: ./zsnes filename.zip) and it works great.

Heres the log!

http://ubuntu.pastebin.com/m17370907

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
as far as I know arguments and filenames with spaces aren't working well in Launcher under linux.
just create a shell script and use it instead of the original executable.
I understand what your saying, but i have even tried files with no spaces in the names and launcher still doesnt work

Is this going to be fixed? I dont mean to offend but doesnt sound like this app is ready yet if i have to make a script to do what the Launcher was designed to do.

Dont get me wrong, this has great promise. Is it broken cuz of new XBMC versions, or has it been like that from the get go? I guess i should read this 33 page post for the answer Sad

Cheers!
wyild1 Wrote:I understand what your saying, but i have even tried files with no spaces in the names and launcher still doesnt work

Is this going to be fixed? I dont mean to offend but doesnt sound like this app is ready yet if i have to make a script to do what the Launcher was designed to do.

Dont get me wrong, this has great promise. Is it broken cuz of new XBMC versions, or has it been like that from the get go? I guess i should read this 33 page post for the answer Sad

Cheers!
I think it has been like that from the beginning... there is no need to read 33 pages...
i beg to differ, this plugin used to work fine untill the recent changes in the way xbmc uses Special:// addresses.

however, the xbmc coders did anounce that "ALL" scripts/plugins would need to be updated to work with newer svn builds, but it seems no one was listening. as most of the plugins i use are usless now and there dosent seem to be any updates by there authers