Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so i have tried all the versions of most emus and still no luck, has anyone had much success with any emulator in Fullscreen on vista?
Just tried the snes9x emulator and it works fine in full screen after you set it once. I have vista32.
What other emulators have people got working, i still only have success in windowed mode only!

Really need some help
i just tried Snes9x and i get a direct draw error
leo - the script is awsome, ( but not perfect )

as you already know - the old drive letters cause XBMC to crash (on my kubuntu 8.10 / xbmc SVN:18324). there's a news article on the homepage about the speciall:// paths and the changes you need to do as a script maintainer. i hope you can make this minor update soon . ( or at minimum note this as an install step Smile )

also, since special char's (!'#"<space>) cause the launcher grief
... i found a script to "fix" my file names.

i then wrote a small script (hooked into gamefaq.com) to grab covers for all my files & update launcher.xml

before loading in all the roms & covers, i had to obviously find the best emu's for each platform & configure, ( props to the ubuntu gaming community for some good documentation )

all in all, it takes a serious amount of effort to setup launcher however i still recommend this hands down. imagine having 10 consoles and all their cartridges + the ~20 controls & a seriously complex A/V setup.
with launcher & a few xbmc boxes in my house
i can save in the living room and continue in bed

thanks for all the great work!!!
zosky Wrote:leo - the script is awsome, ( but not perfect )

as you already know - the old drive letters cause XBMC to crash (on my kubuntu 8.10 / xbmc SVN:18324). there's a news article on the homepage about the speciall:// paths and the changes you need to do as a script maintainer. i hope you can make this minor update soon . ( or at minimum note this as an install step Smile )

also, since special char's (!'#"<space>) cause the launcher grief
... i found a script to "fix" my file names.

i then wrote a small script (hooked into gamefaq.com) to grab covers for all my files & update launcher.xml

before loading in all the roms & covers, i had to obviously find the best emu's for each platform & configure, ( props to the ubuntu gaming community for some good documentation )

all in all, it takes a serious amount of effort to setup launcher however i still recommend this hands down. imagine having 10 consoles and all their cartridges + the ~20 controls & a seriously complex A/V setup.
with launcher & a few xbmc boxes in my house
i can save in the living room and continue in bed

thanks for all the great work!!!

Uh...dude...I want that script. I think I know a few other people who would like it as well. Please share. Hell, I'll host it on the serenity site.
digitalhigh Wrote:Uh...dude...I want that script. I think I know a few other people who would like it as well. Please share. Hell, I'll host it on the serenity site.

I would also very much like that script.

If you do decide to share it, thanks in advance for your work! Since the native games library project is currently on hold, this would make a great substitution.
thanks,
xbmc-launcher svn rev 19 contains "special://" prefixes.
didn't test it, hope it works.
I have so little luck getting emulators working, i have more or less giving up!

Any help would be awesome
lestat1977uk Wrote:I have so little luck getting emulators working, i have more or less giving up!

Any help would be awesome

Have you made sure that you're using the manufacturer's drivers for your video card and not the windows-provided ones?
i will give it a try, will post back
Ok changed drivers and yep it launches but its behind the XBMC, i can hear it but no video, can we do something to make xbmc minimise??
rausch101 Wrote:I would also very much like that script. If you do decide to share it, thanks in advance for your work! Since the native games library project is currently on hold, this would make a great substitution.

thanks for the interest. i wrote this to introduce some automation into the task of finding covers for my rather large rom collection. it will not do everything for you (& i hope someday it will). but for now, it will make it somewhat easier then searching 1 by 1 inside XBMC ... there are still a few manual steps involved, but most of the heavy lifting is done by the script

let me start off by saying i am a noob! i can not script my way out of a paper bag without O'Reilly's Learning bash 2nd edition in hand. to be perfectly blunt; i am a graphic designer & a project manager not a code monkey!

i am not responsible if anything goes wrong; this script can break your car, cause bankruptcy, and in rare cases - you may go blind. use at your own risk

first. you MUST NOT have special chars in your ROM names. launcher & this script will not work if roms have <space> ! ' " + / \ ... ... ... hit google for this. case in point (but use caution, i have not tried this one)

and finally ... launcher.setup.sh
if you dont know what to do with this,
then, v0.01a its not for you. sorry

i'll be moving next weekend. so i have to pack, shop, paint... all that fun stuff
it will most likly be a couple of weeks before i can spend some beefing it up
but im still open to feedback & suggestions

hopefully some1 with more exp can do this properly Big Grin
Bummer dude...I thought you meant you wrote a script that operates in XBMC, not 'nix.

Looks like I've finally gotta get a copy of VS.net so I can convert this .sh into a working Win32 app. Wink
slippy Wrote:So with this plugin I can run mozilla firefox, does it work flawlessly with flash as well?

Can it work on an apple tv once flashed using the windows patchstick creator? I would like to use firefox on apple tv rather than couch surfer!!!

Many thanks in advance

I am actually having problems with this(running Linux+VDPAU). If I run ICEWM/Firefox (or any Window manager) stand-alone my system can play Hulu HD flash just fine. However when I run from launcher it is extremely slow running at like 2 frames per second.

Any ideas?

xnappo