Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fantoma Wrote:Is there a reason why this plugin is not in the official SVN? Thanks.

In addition to what Gamester said, another reason why is because leo2 is currently working on the native replacement for this - the games library. Although I think that project may currently be on hold due to lack of time.
I use and constantly bounce between XBMC, Boxee, & Hulu Desktop on my XP HTPC. I'd really like to get Launcher working so I can just keep XBMC open all the time and launch Boxee or Hulu Desktop from XBMC then return to XBMC once I close it out. Currently I'm using a wireless keyboard to launch whichever app I use & use the built in IR receiver in each app to recognize my remote. I setup HuluDesktop and it worked great from Launcher. But when I create a launcher shortcut to the Boxee EXE it crashes(boxee.exe). Anybody know why this is. I tried running the exe manually and it opens fine. I even opened them both(XBMC & Boxee) at the same time to make sure there isn't a conflict and they ran fine.
Hi can someone help please, I'm trying to configure xbmc to correctly launch my emulators (fusion for megadrive and Project64 for N64) I have it setup and working on my laptop which is using XP so I know I'm doing it right so I think my problem is either vista related or graphics card related (ati hd4550) :

whenever I try and load fusion it brings error
"DirectDraw Init Error #2
Unable to create Primary Surface. Operation requires the application to have exclusive mode but the application does not have exclusive mode."

and for Project64
"Graphics Error
Direct3D failed to initialize
Error code:88760868
D3DERR_DECICELOST"

now both Project64 and Fusioin work as standalone and interestingly enough work when xbmc is up and running, so it must be a problem somewhere with the switchover code?

For reference I am using the latest SVN (21237)
Windows Vista 32bit Sp1
AMD athlon 64 x2 Dual 4600+ 2.4Ghz
2gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4550 driver 8.620.0.0
Realtek High Def Audio driver 6.0.1.5657

Log located at
http://pastebin.com/m6c8d30f4
Where are your emulators located? If they're in the program files folder, try moving them out of there. That's the exact issue I had on Win 7.
I'm currently using the latest rev of launcher to start Hulu Desktop and that works fine. The problem though is that XBMC is minimizing then immediately maximizing full screen. Hulu desktop also opens up and due to XBMC being maximized in the background I get alot of stutters playing videos (as XBMC takes up 50% cpu even when sitting idle). Is there anyway to have XBMC stay minimized until I close Hulu desktop?

BTW whats ironic about this is the bug report on the first page as mine minimizes then immediately maximizes...

"Known Bugs:
2. (Windows Only) Minimizing and not maximizing back the XBMC after program finished."

thanks
TerranQ Wrote:Where are your emulators located? If they're in the program files folder, try moving them out of there. That's the exact issue I had on Win 7.

No they're located on an external drive, I'll try them on the c: drive somewhere and let you know if that makes a difference
willcmuk Wrote:No they're located on an external drive, I'll try them on the c: drive somewhere and let you know if that makes a difference

Might also need to set them as "run as administrator". Vista might not like that something else is trying to launch them and consider it a security risk
TerranQ Wrote:Might also need to set them as "run as administrator". Vista might not like that something else is trying to launch them and consider it a security risk

I moved them to the c:\games directory - exactly same fault and error message
then selected option to run as administrator, which when I launced my emulator from within xbmc asked me to ok running it and then displayed exactly the same error

what else could it be?
willcmuk Wrote:whenever I try and load fusion it brings error
"DirectDraw Init Error #2
Unable to create Primary Surface. Operation requires the application to have exclusive mode but the application does not have exclusive mode."

could it have something to do with this it seems to be that it requires exclusive mode? If thats the case I dont understand why I can launch my emulators manually while xbmc is open in the background?
willcmuk Wrote:could it have something to do with this it seems to be that it requires exclusive mode? If thats the case I dont understand why I can launch my emulators manually while xbmc is open in the background?

About the only other thing I can think to recommend is run dxdiag.exe (click "Start"-->"run") and see if any errors pop up there. Other than that, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card (not the MS ones, directly from ATI-which it looks like you're already running from your pastebin log). And make sure you have the latest directx from here
Try those steps and see what happens. Sorry for the non-solutions, I'm just a poor end-user like yourself Confused

Oh, and Mandark, you're xpadder suggestions worked beautifully. Thanks!
TerranQ Wrote:Oh, and Mandark, you're xpadder suggestions worked beautifully. Thanks!
you're welcome! Smile
TerranQ Wrote:About the only other thing I can think to recommend is run dxdiag.exe (click "Start"-->"run") and see if any errors pop up there. Other than that, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card (not the MS ones, directly from ATI-which it looks like you're already running from your pastebin log). And make sure you have the latest directx from here
Try those steps and see what happens. Sorry for the non-solutions, I'm just a poor end-user like yourself Confused

Oh, and Mandark, you're xpadder suggestions worked beautifully. Thanks!

Thanks for the tips using all the latest drivers etc, think I'm just going to take the easy way out and install xp or at least dual boot it unless anyone has any other ideas? Seems to me I've narrowed it down to a directdraw conflict in vista whereby the launcher code isn't allowing the applications I launch to have "exclusive mode" for direct draw purposes for whatever reason? Leo would that be correct or am i barking up the wrong tree?
willcmuk Wrote:Thanks for the tips using all the latest drivers etc, think I'm just going to take the easy way out and install xp or at least dual boot it unless anyone has any other ideas? Seems to me I've narrowed it down to a directdraw conflict in vista whereby the launcher code isn't allowing the applications I launch to have "exclusive mode" for direct draw purposes for whatever reason? Leo would that be correct or am i barking up the wrong tree?

I'm sure that's the issue (that is the error code after allBig Grin), but everyone else on vista seems to be able to get it to work. Did you try the dx diagnostic?

If you are going to reinstall the OS, try windows 7. I've had no issues with it.
Right well I've now installed tinyxp and it's all working fine, just so it's more seamless though how do I get Fusion (megadrive emulator) to launch in fullscreen I know I use the <args> section but don't know what to put in there (to get it into fullscreen once fusion has loaded I press escape so do I simply put Esc in the <args> section?)
willcmuk Wrote:Right well I've now installed tinyxp and it's all working fine, just so it's more seamless though how do I get Fusion (megadrive emulator) to launch in fullscreen I know I use the <args> section but don't know what to put in there (to get it into fullscreen once fusion has loaded I press escape so do I simply put Esc in the <args> section?)

try -fullscreen