Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, it is actually almost working. I still have difficulties to efficiency refresh the XBMC thumbnails cache after grabbing a cover and replace one by the other. But the covers images are normally saved into the right directory and with the right name.

Quote:"All Star Tennis '99" and "A Bug's Life" (both N64 games) return only Playstation thumbs/covers (there are N64 covers on the gamefaqs website).
I have tested with the same game but the grabber give me the right covers. Be carefull, the grabber use the name and the game system of the rom to search the right cover. If the name and the game system are not set correctly (for example when you edit the game infos and make a mistake) it can occur some errors into the results search.
So i test it more, it download thumbs and info, but sometimes gives an error. How to run debug and where is debug log? Angelscry good work. Do you think about add option to download other images ex. google images for other launcher? I am launching firefox, fluxbox, and sometimes terminal or midnight commander.
This is the last version of the launcher addon (v1.15b3): plugin.program.launcher.zip

What's new :
- Fix XBMC thumbnails cache change and refresh errors. Now working perfectly.
- Fix a bug related to romnames containing "/" special characters.
- Fix a bug related to cover/thumb search (use now romname instead of filename).
- Add dialog status during cover/thumbs scrapping.

scalpel Wrote:So i test it more, it download thumbs and info, but sometimes gives an error. How to run debug and where is debug log?
I think that with the last version, most of the errors related to thumbs download are now fixed. If you still encounter errors, the best thing you can do to help me to fix them, is to post here your launchers.xml file and tell me with which games you encounter the errors. So I will be able to reproduce them on my side and try to fix them.

scalpel Wrote:Do you think about add option to download other images ex. google images for other launcher? I am launching firefox, fluxbox, and sometimes terminal or midnight commander.
Yes, I have planned to add such king of option. It will be on my todo list, but it is not my priority. Actually, the next step of my work will be to add a scrapping option, similar to the "Get covers/thumbs" option but for screens/fanarts. That's why I take time actually to make the "Get covers/thumbs" option work perfectly. The both scrappers will be very similar. When the "Get covers/thumbs" and "Get screens/fanarts" options will be working both perfectly, I will add them into the "scanning new file" option. So the launcher addon will have a complete game infos and images import option. When this major step will be finished, I will clean the launcher script code to optimize it (creating more structured functions, improving coding and adding some launcher option settings). Then, I think I will be able to add a scrapper selection for game infos (allgame, giantbomb, thegamesdb.net, etc... ) and images (gamefaqs, giantbomb, google, etc..).
Angelscry Wrote:I think that with the last version, most of the errors related to thumbs download are now fixed. If you still encounter errors, the best thing you can do to help me to fix them, is to post here your launchers.xml file and tell me with which games you encounter the errors. So I will be able to reproduce them on my side and try to fix them.

Yes, I have planned to add such king of option. It will be on my todo list, but it is not my priority. Actually, the next step of my work will be to add a scrapping option, similar to the "Get covers/thumbs" option but for screens/fanarts. That's why I take time actually to make the "Get covers/thumbs" option work perfectly. The both scrappers will be very similar. When the "Get covers/thumbs" and "Get screens/fanarts" options will be working both perfectly, I will add them into the "scanning new file" option. So the launcher addon will have a complete game infos and images import option. When this major step will be finished, I will clean the launcher script code to optimize it (creating more structured functions, improving coding and adding some launcher option settings). Then, I think I will be able to add a scrapper selection for game infos (allgame, giantbomb, thegamesdb.net, etc... ) and images (gamefaqs, giantbomb, google, etc..).

That is great news! Smile
First off Im loving the launcher app its exactly what I was looking for and fair play for the regular updates.

Anyway it's probably just my pos computer Confused but if launcher isn't loading a list of local directories (for example you can't see the C:\ drive) and you're using the amazing Windows 7, then you can try the following which seems to work.

click on the windows orb in the bottom left hand corner of the screen > click all programs > click the xbmc folder > right click on the xbmc icon > choose properties > click the 'Compatibility' tab > click 'Change settings for all users button' > at the bottom, where it says privilege level put a tick in the 'Run this programme as an administrator' box

Like I said it's probably just my pos comp but let me know if anyone else has been having this problem.

Later
Angelscry, can you try to do something to dos games running by dosbox can be played? When you run game that it is in one file it works, but if games have more files then files can't be founded.
to scalpel try to create a separate bat files for every dosbox launched game, and use it as a standalone launcher.

ie

cd c:
cd dosbox
dosbox.exe with commandline for dosbox who should run your game

try a bat without a xbms ie on cmd mode.

to angelcry. im stuck. i cant force a launcher to see my local hard disc (other apps and plugins doesnt have problem with this). a reason could be in launcher plugin too Wink
Thanks, actually know that i run many apss with some scripts. Dosbox games working but it must be standalone launcher so it can't be used as emulator and taking info from allgames. I just think that could be a small bug in launcher.

Regards
Okey, I can start the game. But I cannot control it. I use xbmc-live, and I am not going to install a window manager. How do I solve this?
crispy86 Wrote:Anyway it's probably just my pos computer Confused but if launcher isn't loading a list of local directories (for example you can't see the C:\ drive) and you're using the amazing Windows 7, then you can try the following which seems to work.

click on the windows orb in the bottom left hand corner of the screen > click all programs > click the xbmc folder > right click on the xbmc icon > choose properties > click the 'Compatibility' tab > click 'Change settings for all users button' > at the bottom, where it says privilege level put a tick in the 'Run this programme as an administrator' box

Like I said it's probably just my pos comp but let me know if anyone else has been having this problem.
Thank you very much Crispy for the trick. It is not coming from your computer. I also encounter the same problem as you under Windows 7. I was not able to access the special XBMC home directory (only see external directory or CD-Rm drive). I have try your trick and it solve the problem. Thank you very much. I think the problem is not related to the launcher addon (the code is too simple for that) but I think it is a privilege access bug of Dharma beta version. Maybe it will be fixed in the final one.

Robert de Clair Wrote:to angelcry. im stuck. i cant force a launcher to see my local hard disc (other apps and plugins doesnt have problem with this). a reason could be in launcher plugin too
Try the previous trick of crispy86 it solve the problem for me under Windows 7. Also, could you please give me the name (link) of one plugin which do not have this problem? If I can found what is going wrong with the Launcher I will be able to fix it in the next version.

scalpel Wrote:Thanks, actually know that i run many apss with some scripts. Dosbox games working but it must be standalone launcher so it can't be used as emulator and taking info from allgames. I just think that could be a small bug in launcher.
Have you try this trick of jeff93063, using hstart to start .BAT files like romfiles? It may also works in your case.

butchjr Wrote:Okey, I can start the game. But I cannot control it. I use xbmc-live, and I am not going to install a window manager. How do I solve this?
I think you will have to edit the configuration files of the corresponding emulator of game to define the good control keys.
This is the last version of the launcher addon (v1.16): plugin.program.launcher.zip

What's new :
- Add manual screen/fanart import option (Get screen/fanart).

Angelscry Wrote:Thank you very much Crispy for the trick. It is not coming from your computer. I also encounter the same problem as you under Windows 7. I was not able to access the special XBMC home directory (only see external directory or CD-Rm drive). I have try your trick and it solve the problem. Thank you very much. I think the problem is not related to the launcher addon (the code is too simple for that) but I think it is a privilege access bug of Dharma beta version. Maybe it will be fixed in the final one.

Try the previous trick of crispy86 it solve the problem for me under Windows 7. Also, could you please give me the name (link) of one plugin which do not have this problem? If I can found what is going wrong with the Launcher I will be able to fix it in the next version.

Have you try this trick of jeff93063, using hstart to start .BAT files like romfiles? It may also works in your case.

I think you will have to edit the configuration files of the corresponding emulator of game to define the good control keys.

But I don't get focus on the game, I control XBMC with my keybord and remote. I do not control the game that i launch. How do I get the game to have focus, and not xbmc?
butchjr what emulator are you talking of?

angelscry, forget it if it is problem. I am using linux and this script to run many apps:

Code:
fluxbox &
some apps launcher ex. dosbox -exit game/game.exe
killall -9 fluxbox

Also new launcher to tests Big Grin

Regards
scalpel Wrote:butchjr what emulator are you talking of?

angelscry, forget it if it is problem. I am using linux and this script to run many apps:

Code:
fluxbox &
some apps launcher ex. dosbox -exit game/game.exe
killall -9 fluxbox

Also new launcher to tests Big Grin

Regards

I launched the emulator snes9x-gtk with a rom and also the game supertuxkart. Both start without issues. I had to manually set screen resolution for each game. But I cant control the games, I do control XBMC even when the emulator or game is in fullscreen and on-top.