Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where is the "killa sample"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something tells me I'm going to get flamed to hell for this, but I've tried searching for a link to the "killa sample" that everyone seems to talk about when benchmarking hardware (as well as "killer sample" "reference sample" and a few other things), using the search on the main site, the forum search, and via google site search, but there's no link.

Please - put me out of my mysery: where is it? :confused2:
Ah thanks. I might see if I can set that up as a bittorrent download somewhere.
torrents are only good as long as there are seeds, do you plan to seed this forever ? Else don't bother
Yes - I have a server (and a lot of bandwidth) where I can seed it forever.
gilgongo Wrote:Yes - I have a server (and a lot of bandwidth) where I can seed it forever.

Wow - thought it was going to be easy to seed it, but the firewall config turned out pretty messy. I think this should work now though:

http://tracker.hatters.org.uk/torrents/k...kv.torrent

Would be nice if somebody could test this. If it's OK then I'll put it somewhere on the wiki.
Works, but nobody is seeding it. If I get the sample I can help seed. I got this downloaded before but that was not a torrent.
Found two seeds, from mainline dht I think.
Were anyone of you able to play this "killa sample" without any judder? What kind of PC hardware is necessary to play it smooth like butter in the sun?
It would seem an intel core2duo clocked at, or overclocked to around the 3ghz mark is what most people are aiming for.

Shorty
Thanks gilgongo, torrent is still alive Big Grin
Thanks for keeping that torrent alive. It still seems faster than the original download link. LOL
gilgongo Wrote:Wow - thought it was going to be easy to seed it, but the firewall config turned out pretty messy. I think this should work now though:

Would be nice if somebody could test this. If it's OK then I'll put it somewhere on the wiki.

Nice...around 700 KB/s - 1MB/s down. I'll contribute bandwidth and seed it.

I have been downloading a bunch of demo material from this site to try on my Pioneer Kuro:

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php

I wish it was half as fast.
Plays perfectly on my Asrock ION 330 system with xbmclive installed Smile
It stopped after a few seconds on my pc. Catalyst 10.7 just came out...downloaded and installed and now plays buttery smooth without a hiccup.

PC Specs:

Intel i5 750
AMD HD 5870 (XFX overclocked)
bunch of other stuff