Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where is fanart stored?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I download fanart fot movies via xbmc, where are the .jpg stored? I'd like to use them as backdrops for the movie section in Aeon.
userdata/thumbnails/video/fanart
That's strange, because I don't have the folder thumbnails in my userdata folder. Only a folder called PictureIcon, but that's not it either...

I'm using the Atlantis Beta version for windows.

On my xbox there is the folder you mentioned, but not on my windows machine...
Look under Documents And Settings/%user name%/Application Data and u´ll find XBMC.

If u run Vista, look at the same folder but under c:/Users/%User name%/App Data.
Sidzzon Wrote:Look under Documents And Settings/%user name%/Application Data and u´ll find XBMC.

If u run Vista, look at the same folder but under c:/Users/%User name%/App Data.

Edit. XBMC for Windows stores the userdata files under Documents and Settings if u run XP and with Vista its stored under c:/Users/roming profile/Appdata/XBMC instead of Documents and Settings. The installdir.. /program files/xbmc is just the app it self, it dosent store gui settings/thumbnails etc or such there.
Thanks. It's indeed there. I didn't that the thumbs for tv series are stored in the same place as where the thumbs for the movies are stored. It would be cool if it could be stored at seperate folders, so you can point your background folders to seperate locatians.
Is that possible?