Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add tv series without the format SxxExx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some DVD collection (like Scooby-Doo Volumes) that aren't separated episodes then are not named with the SxxExx format. The folder in tv shows is obviously empty.
I don't want to rename files, what can I do to see them in folder?

Thanks,

EffE
You need to learn to use the video library, search the xbmc.org wiki
Thanks for the links. Seems XBMC has more options and rules to follow than I see...
Ok. I think I've learned enough. I must rename every single file.
But dvds avi are a real pain: if is simple for dvd like "what's new Scooby-Doo" with no more than 4 episodes on every avi file how about the dvds of "Bernard" with more than 25 each one??
I can not rename file with a string long more than 42 chars because files are stored on Xbox hdd...I think the real solution is to get rid of tv show menu and use just file mode. More fast than a rename...
effe Wrote:Ok. I think I've learned enough. I must rename every single file.
But dvds avi are a real pain: if is simple for dvd like "what's new Scooby-Doo" with no more than 4 episodes on every avi file how about the dvds of "Bernard" with more than 25 each one??
I can not rename file with a string long more than 42 chars because files are stored on Xbox hdd...I think the real solution is to get rid of tv show menu and use just file mode. More fast than a rename...

Or try this little utility EpNamer. It helps a lot as it renames the episodes for you.
minimalko Wrote:Or try this little utility EpNamer. It helps a lot as it renames the episodes for you.

Just installed it, looks SWEET! I wish I had known about this a few weeks ago when I ripped 6 seasons of a TV show and spent a long time renaming all the files. I'm going to copy and rename one of the seasons back to the original names and try this out Smile
minimalko Wrote:Or try this little utility EpNamer. It helps a lot as it renames the episodes for you.

I'm trying to do this for Avatar, but he doesnt download anything.
Showname:

NVM: Was doing it wrong.

Fantastic little app! Cheers Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Fantastic little app! Cheers Smile

I have used http://www.tvrename.com - also works great.
Figured I'd post here as it is a high ranking search on google.
For MythTV on Mac or Linux, the best renamer is mythicalLibrarian It imports all recordings into XBMC with SxxExx or Movie standards.