Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Clarification on Videos section + question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might be a 2 post question, but to try to keep threads down I figured I'd try to consolidate.

My first question is in regards to the Videos section on the home screen. I was under the impression that if I added a source under the Videos blade and set it as default that the library would only add that source. Essentially what I am trying to do is keep my sons videos away from our movies, I figured I'd put them under the Video blade. Reason is so that that my Movie Library isn't filled of all Baby Einstein and other miscelanious joys of fatherhood Laugh

However when I added the source through Videos, it added them to the movies library and more than 1/2 of them had no thumbnail to them.

Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do? Essentially have a 3rd library (Movies and TV shows are my other 2) of just my kids videos and not have it interface at all with my regular movie library?

Second question, which hopefully is shorter... is there any way to make English the default playback audio for every movie rather than it defaulting to German first and having to change it?

Regards in advance for all your help.
-Evo-
as for the first one, movies and tv shows are actually only in one library, it just looks like 2. i think the only way you can do what you want to do is to use separate profiles.
You could edit the home.xml to open into file mode for the "video" selection....leave movies and tv sections as library mode. Point the video section to something like "<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(24,kids videos)</onclick>"

Just make sure you create the kids videos folder and put all your kids vids in it.....

(I'm not a master skinner but I have done a few skin mods.....enough to point buttons to different places)