Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox Friendly Texutres.xpr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK i though i would open this thread as alot of use still use the xbox and the default MediaStream Textures.xpr isn't the most xbox friendly so here is my version of the textures.xpr.

For 720P or higher Rez

Pros
More memory 4mbs more on at least all menus max i have seen is 7mbs.
All Textures files sizes reduced and 207 textures resized by 50%.
Faster.
Can have all bells and whistles turned on.
Looks like the big brother version nothing different.

Cons
Doesn't look as sharp as the stock skin.
Version 2 has all 322 Nerd Textures channels set to 32k (8 bit/Channels) more memory but quality is the sacrifice.
Crashes maybe. ( only time it has for me is when playing a video and i tried to load BBC iPlayer plugin only happened once)

Download Xbox Friendly MediaStream Textures.xpr Default ( Best version. )

Download Xbox Friendly MediaStream Textures.xpr version 2

Comparison screenshots to show memory consumption.
My Textures.xpr
Image Image

Team RazorFish Textures.xpr
Image Image

Big thanks to Team RazorFish for a fantastic skin looks great on my XBox & PC.

update: Changed Image Hosting location as imageshack is crap now to Supload.com.
Wow nice!!! They look exactly the same to me Big Grin

so I just overwrite the existing textures file....and then run the LITE theme? or do i just run default theme?
katz Wrote:Wow nice!!! They look exactly the same to me Big Grin

so I just overwrite the existing textures file....and then run the LITE theme? or do i just run default theme?

you just overwrite the the textures.xpr and remove the lite theme as this is no longer needed.
Nice one Rocky5, if users can post this is successful then I'll make it a sticky Big Grin
What font are you running yours on Rocky? Its running good, the odd movie I run into mem problems (cant skip through it)

Also, is it possible to tear it down even more? Or is that the max you can lower the textures?
I can try more but some don't look right when resized.

video play back is recommended at 720p as 1080 stretches it and blurs it so you will get better quality with 720p 16.9 resolution like i have for videos also you use slightly more memory now i have a few 720x352 videos and i can skip through them and there higher rez than most not HD but better than SD so try changing your video display resolution as i can skip through all SD videos and TV shows fine.
yeah its the 1080i playback thats now giving me the issue on the odd movie.

I gotto get myself some Genuine HD Cables as the ones ive got now display white artifacts all over the screen @ 720p.
Many thanks for the textures.

Tried it on both of my Xboxes:
1st one connected to a TV with NTSC mode: works fine
2nd connected to a HD-Ready TV running in 720p: Episodes do not start.

Any chance to strip down the textures even more?

I read in anohter thread, that someone converted the bitrate of the images and it is working fine for him. Would that be an option?
Thanks for this. I have the skin working fairly well on my Xbox - but a few videos are slow to start.

One thing I noticed (with debug log on) is that while scrolling through the video library, the CPU gets really high - up to 95%! Surely this can't be right! What could it be doing?

Is this a bug? Is anyone else seeing this?

Edit: I just noticed that Rocky has the same high CPU usage in his screenshots above....
joe_user Wrote:I read in anohter thread, that someone converted the bitrate of the images and it is working fine for him. Would that be an option?

Hi Joe,

Scroll up to the very first post of this thread....
ashlartowers Wrote:Hi Joe,

Scroll up to the very first post of this thread....
Apologies... .but perhaps I worked too much today, but I can not see, what you want to highlight to me.... even after reading the post 5 times
joe_user Wrote:Apologies... .but perhaps I worked too much today, but I can not see, what you want to highlight to me.... even after reading the post 5 times

Rocky5 was the one who resampled his graphics files in that other thread! And in this thread he has made them available to download (see the first post).
ashlartowers Wrote:Rocky5 was the one who resampled his graphics files in that other thread! And in this thread he has made them available to download (see the first post).

True but all textures are RGB 8bit so i could make them 32k 8bit but i am not sure if there is a batch program to do this or i will need to do it for all 300+ textures lol.
IrfanView may do it?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:IrfanView may do it?

Nup doesn't work doesn't keep the transparency and you can turn it on but i need to select what colour i want transparent lol.

Looks like its Paint shop pro time Sad once this is done it done lol am not sitting going through 321 textures and reducing the colours again.

Ok reduced all textures to (32k 8 bit Channels) Now they texture.xpr is only 4.12mbs and texture quality set to max download the new one on page 1 tell me how works.
Pages: 1 2 3