Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
BlueCop Wrote:yes excellent work crichton. I like how organized your code is. again excellent work.

Maybe we should try to organize all these individual scriptwriters into a team to be more efficient. right now i think rwparris2 has got crichton and myself signed up to a google code project. I am not nearly on their level of ability and speed but i think i can contribute a bit.

I feel we all want many of the same things and this could focus our energy like a laser beam and have a truly incredible video plugin.

I have been trying to add various features but i think we are going to need some xbmc developers to add some features in order to implement many of them. I might just be ignorant of the features needed for them.

all these forks or i guess reimplementations are hard to keep track of so i don't really have a nice code base to go back to try to add things to.

well that is just my 2 cents. I am absolutely addicted to hulu on xbox! its my favorite plug-in for me by far. Peace.

Indeed. If anyone has any specific complaints about any of the plugins or feature requests NOW is the time to express them.

The google code team consisting of myself crichton and BlueCop haven't exactly gotten organized yet, but the features I plan to include are:
  • Browsing and watching Movies, TV Shows, and clips (obviously)
  • Browsing the various RSS feeds & HD Gallery
  • View recommended videos (via context menu)
  • Logging in the view & add videos to your queue
  • Have a custom list of favorite Shows, Movies, etc
  • Download Videos (to somewhere in your library) (er... maybe... we'll see how this goes)
  • Search & save search as RSS Feed
  • IMDB & TVDB look ups
  • Try to fix h264 streaming
  • TRY to break the US-only restriction (but don't hold your breath)

I can't really guarantee that any of these will actually be implemented it is just what I personally would like to see.

Again, suggestions & complaints are welcome
Hey BlueCop and rwparris2,
Shut up. Just shut up.....You had me at Hulu. You had me at Hulu.
Sorry 'bout that. I've been wanting to post that since the first page and just couldn't help myself.
I want to thank you and the other developers for the work that's been put into this and wholeheartedly agree with you. I've got 3 or 4 different hulu plugins on my box right now since there are strengths with the various plugins. A single plugin that combines all of them would be great.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it would be great to be able to fastforward, rewind, and pause for an extended period of time without messing up the video. I like the list of goals for the plugin. It just keeps getting better an better.

It's great to finally have hulu on the xbox. The work on this project is greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killyourscene
Just wondering, has anyone gotten these Hulu plugins to work outside of the US at all?
This was addressed in this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinage
The have a constant geocheck during the rtmp stream, that`s why i never bothered releasing my plugin.

One way around is to get hotspot shield then share your internet connection to the xbox

Or get a payed vpn

or get a fast u.s socks5 proxy

I don't think you understood my question. I asked if anyone outside of the US had gotten the plugin to work, not theoretical ways that it COULD work. Obviously a fast u.s. socks5 would be nice, but I haven't been able to get that to work at all. I was hoping someone had and could give some advice.
The above is NOT theoretical at all.
Since you're soliciting features. I'd like the ability to:

1. Start a stream where I left off.
2. Search forward and backwards as seamlessly as the hulu web application does.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Bigbaddumbdog
new T3CH build is out (12/30) and i was wondering if it works with hulu or not...as i remember the previous build didn't, so i just wanted to know that everything was ok before i update.
I just updated to the latest t3ch build and it seems to be working fine. I only tried a few shows and movies though.

T3CH XBMC 2008-12-30 SVN rev16762

No improvement in H264 playback.
The new build (12/30) works great for me. I'm in the US using the xbox and have watched various clips on all of the different Hulu plugins and there is no more freezing on the last frame. I didn't try any movies because I didn't want the tests to take all night, but the tv clips work just fine.
Guys,

I have to say, this is one of the first plugins I have used that *so far* is working very very well. I run the Windows builds and currently SVN 16770. Gotta say, this plugin is great. Although it's tiny, and you can get it goin in less time that the length of the video I posted, take a quick peek at browsing to the latest Office clip. (yeah, I was screwing around a bit in the show listings and could have navigated to the show MUCH quicker).

HULU PLUGIN YouTube EXAMPLE
Has anyone noticed some videos loading much slower at certain parts of the video? Try episode 2 "Friendly Skies" of Journeyman. The first half loads at a normal speed. Starting almost exactly halfway through, the video load speed slows way down. I had to constantly pause it to let it load, and even that didn't seem to help much. Strange, I thought. I tried the same video a few times over two days and the problem was consistent. Quick loading for first half, never had to pause for buffering. Second half, every 2 to 5 minutes or so it would have to buffer.
This plugin has gotten me to register. Thanks for all of your hard work!

I can browse the list of episodes, but for instance if I go to 'House', I see three episodes. Under each episode, there are three streams available -- high, medium and high h.264. all of these say 0.0 kb and trying to play any of them results in nothing.

I downloaded XBMC today from the front page and I have the most recent version of the hulu plugin from page 18 or so, I think. The machine is actually a fresh install of XP that aside. Am I missing some part of XBMC or have I misconfigured something?

Thanks in advance.
hello_man Wrote:I get message, retrieving directory, 0 file found. Can't see any video.

I've got the same problem.
jrronimo Wrote:This plugin has gotten me to register. Thanks for all of your hard work!

I can browse the list of episodes, but for instance if I go to 'House', I see three episodes. Under each episode, there are three streams available -- high, medium and high h.264. all of these say 0.0 kb and trying to play any of them results in nothing.

I downloaded XBMC today from the front page and I have the most recent version of the hulu plugin from page 18 or so, I think. The machine is actually a fresh install of XP that aside. Am I missing some part of XBMC or have I misconfigured something?

Thanks in advance.

If you're using XBMC on Windows then try the newer SVN builds here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452

The newer builds found in the link above have the new RTMP updates needed to run the videos in the Hulu plugin.

The Atlantis build on the XBMC home page does not have the RTMP updates and that is why you get no video.

If you're using Linux or another build you'll need to search around on how to get the latest SVN version of those (I only use Windows).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47