Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
rwparris2 Wrote:Logging in doesn't really do anything yet. I haven't committed anything with subscription because logging in doesn't do anything.

Logging in should get you access to the mature content, like the movie "The Professional". Without logging in the video wont play.
really? I've never had any trouble playing anything that I needed to log in for. (just confirmed the professional plays w/o me having to log in)

and I didn't mean that it wouldn't be useful, I just ment entering your id & pass in my plugin wouldn't do anything.

Regardless, I'll add it tonight or early tomorrow.
Can someone post a link to the proper plugin to use on the xbox? I've gone through all the pages of this thread and there are so many download links that I can't figure out which one to get. I checked the link in rwparris2's sig and don't see it in his list of plugins either. Am I missing something?
Added to the SVN Repo Installer.
rwparris2 Wrote:really? I've never had any trouble playing anything that I needed to log in for. (just confirmed the professional plays w/o me having to log in)

and I didn't mean that it wouldn't be useful, I just ment entering your id & pass in my plugin wouldn't do anything.

Regardless, I'll add it tonight or early tomorrow.

Interesting. For me when not logged in, it seems to hang for me when playing through xbmc, but generates a login request from within hulu. When actually logging in under both system, it plays fine.
I tried doing a search and reading through several pages to no avail, so my apologies if this was already answered...is there any ETA for being able to fast-forward or skip to a specific time?
Scott R Wrote:I tried doing a search and reading through several pages to no avail, so my apologies if this was already answered...is there any ETA for being able to fast-forward or skip to a specific time?

I'm more interested in just knowing if it's even possible. If so, I'm sure it'll get added eventually.
Ok, lately it doesn't work on my PC nor my Xbox. Do we have to use a login or a password or something? Before I just clicked on icons and it worked, but all of the sudden nothing for the last 2 or 3 days.
Ok, Im not sure why, but I just tried my xbox using the build from post 176 and it works, however when I try this new one you just posted for example.

TV > Action > Airwolf

It says there are 4 items, but it never loads them. The 4 items should be 4 seasons of shows.

When I also use the build from post 176 if I look at
TV > Reality > Kitchen Nightmares

It shows me Clips, Season 1

This new build Shows Clips and then all the files. I personally think its a lot cleaner to have files in folders like 176 does because it looks a little neater.
kizer Wrote:Ok, Im not sure why, but I just tried my xbox using the build from post 176 and it works, however when I try this new one you just posted for example.

TV > Action > Airwolf

It says there are 4 items, but it never loads them. The 4 items should be 4 seasons of shows.

When I also use the build from post 176 if I look at
TV > Reality > Kitchen Nightmares

It shows me Clips, Season 1

This new build Shows Clips and then all the files. I personally think its a lot cleaner to have files in folders like 176 does because it looks a little neater.

If 'this new build' is mine, turn flatten season to never in the plugin settings.

Thanks for the bug report about airwolf I'll look into it immediately.
In the mean time there is nothing wrong with using the version that works best for you.

EDIT -- looks like hulu changed things on me a little bit, I'll fix it asap but it will be a little bit.
In the mean time most other shows should work. Please continue to report any problems you may have.
agon123 Wrote:Hello,
I downloaded this version as it seems to be the most recent Hulu plugin. However, I haven't been able to get it to start. When I initialize it, a small screen pops titled "Loading Directory" and says "Retrieved 0 Items" and then immediately disappears, and the plug in doesn't start up.

Here's what I did: I downloaded the file (dated 1/12/09) and then transferred it to a Hulu sub-folder i created in the plugins/video. I then execute the file from the Video Plugins list. I have the 12-30-08 XBMC build, and the Apple Plugin works, so I'm not sure what is wrong with my settings.
Is there a way to see where the error is occuring in the program, as I'm pretty much ignorant in all programming things? thanks.

The exact same thing is happening to me.

Here's what I did...

Through FTP I erased XBMC folder totally

Downloaded the 12-30 T3ch SVN build and FTP'd it over

Downloaded the new plugin on page 176 that everyone is using

When I click it it says "Loading Directory" and says "Retrieved 0 Items"

Apple plugin works...

Does anyone know whats going on since no one responded to him. Confused
i just upgraded to 12-30-08 SVN build from t3ch.. and i copied the hulu script from post 176 to it.. it says the script is running and then does nothing.
ports Wrote:i just upgraded to 12-30-08 SVN build from t3ch.. and i copied the hulu script from post 176 to it.. it says the script is running and then does nothing.

Make sure you put the files in the correct spot.
Make sure it is in /xbmc/plugins/video/ folder.
also make sure you are running the new xbmc version.
Is there any luck as I've read through the other posting for accessing this content outside of the US.

And yes I do understand how IP blocking works that Hulu uses, as most compaines do.

In Canada we are very limited on internet content, so when people suggest they might be working on a way to open it up, I like to peak my head in.

I noticed not much been said lately, and I treid one build with the IP block which didn't work.

Not really asking much just seeing if anyone working on it, or if it was given up on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47