Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
michaelsalvia Wrote:Thanks for the response. The only reason I ask is because boxee does not ignore these cues. Seems like they are just embedding the Flash files or something along those lines... What that does for control and UI, I am not sure since I haven't really test drove boxee to much though I am an Alpha user. I am just thinking adoption and support from Hulu will be limited if the commercials are not viewed... Who knows if they may try to find a way to block platforms that ignore the cues.

Boxee is implementing Hulu in a completely different way. Boxee has implemented the Hulu flash player itself, whereas the XBMC plugin (*I THINK*) uses code from rtmpdump to grab the actual flv off the server and play it locally.
theophile Wrote:Boxee is implementing Hulu in a completely different way. Boxee has implemented the Hulu flash player itself, whereas the XBMC plugin (*I THINK*) uses code from rtmpdump to grab the actual flv off the server and play it locally.

That's backwards, rtmpdump uses code from xbmc/boxee.

But yeah, boxee uses flash to get the stream but xbmc uses some c++ magic to grab the stream and play it with dvdplayer.
rwparris2 Wrote:That's backwards, rtmpdump uses code from xbmc/boxee.
That's interesting. Did not know that.
theophile Wrote:Would it be possible to have a sub-forum for very popular plugins (similar to in the Skins forum)? This is becoming a pretty daunting thread to pore through.

I second this (or any other suggestion that helps to introduce some organization). A 50-page thread with hundreds of posts, hundreds (if not thousands) of users, and 2 or 3 different (basically undocumented) plugins is already becoming a monstrosity. I think these Hulu plugins have amazing potential; just today, I cancelled my Comcast cable service because I realized I could watch all of my favorite TV shows through XBMC with a Hulu plugin. It would be awesome to see a coordinated effort to really foster the development of these plugins.
Either way using the RMTP dump is disabling the playback of commericals which I see as possibly being a issue in the future.
I am starting this thread to discuss playback issues associated with the Hulu Plug-in. Please make sure to have the most recent SVN of XMBC for your platform and the most recent (which I believe is rwparris2's version) XBMC Hulu plug-in.

Also if someone could provide the link to the SVN for the plug-in I will include it in this post...
I will be making the first post here... I am using both the SVN of the plug-in and XBMC for the Xbox platform. Hulu works and I am generally able to browse directories, etc. sometimes small glitches and may need to attempt to open a folder 2 times, but other times I get random complete hangs which requires a complete restart.

Does anyone else have this problem?
ptaylor Wrote:I recently started having trouble with this plug-in when I start viewing content from Hulu. Previously, this worked fine, but I can't figure out what has changed. Basically, when I go to play a video, it is changing video modes, putting the view in the bottom left corner of the screen. I also tried a copy of the "Hulu2.zip", but it does the same thing.

Fixed this & thought I'd share my fix in case anyone else accidentally messes up their install the same way I apparently did. After I posted this, I remembered that I used one of the GUI-based tools in the AppleTV to update 3rd party plug-ins. It showed that the XBMC Launcher could be "upgraded" to .9, so I upgraded it. Something I read elsewhere lead me to believe that the 2.3 Updater I had installed (with MultiFinder) had installed a different version of the XBMC launcher. Anyhow, I used the Update (or Download? - Can't remember which right now) link under the XBMC/Boxee menu to update XBMC again (on the same screen where you can install Boxee), and this problem went away.

So, I'm able to view Hulu videos in all their full-screen beauty again.
post this in the Hulu thread so we can keep things clean without having a million Hulu problem threads.
First I'd like to say that I'm absolutely addicted to this plugin and love it, so thank you very much for all the work that was put into this. That being said, I found a glitch that I was hoping you guys would be able to work out. Right now, I'm using the latest version through the svn installer by rwparris and some episodes are being left out of the categories. The only example I have been able to find so far is with Dilbert season 1. With this version of the plugin, there are only like 4 episodes whereas in the first plugin the entire season was viewable. Even though this is the only example I have doesn't mean that more shows are being effected. I have tracked this down to the default.py file if this helps, but I have very little experience with python so I've been unable to fix it myself. I'm using the original xbox version of XBMC with the latest svn from T3CH. Thanks in advance guys.
I'm sorry but none of the plugins for Hulu at code.google worked for me. On the other hand, this plugin works great.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j4ylwhnuxef

Now, next stop, http://www.crackle.com. Someone please post a plugin for crackle.com. Because what's not at hulu is at crackle. Big Grin
rwparris2 Wrote:That's backwards, rtmpdump uses code from xbmc/boxee.

But yeah, boxee uses flash to get the stream but xbmc uses some c++ magic to grab the stream and play it with dvdplayer.
So would there be a way to save or cache (temporarily even) the whole flash video file to the local hdd? Reason I ask is this might solve several issues:
1) being able to scan/skip forward (or backward) as desired, and 2) being able to just download the whole thing slowly and watch later, when network problems prevent smooth playback (or playback at all). The other night I had some free time and wanted to catch up on 24, and damn if for some reason my bandwidth went in the crapper. Couldn't stream anything... on the xbox or on my PC.
TheEvilHammer Wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm running crichton's Hulu plugin on the latest t3ch build (2009-01-25 SVN rev17349) on an XBOX. The plugin is working pretty well for the most part, but I've run into a couple of problems:
  1. H264 videos do not play at all. I've seen some other posts where people mention that the H264 videos play too fast or out of sync, but I can't get them to play, period.
  2. Occasionally, the plugin will download the entries for a directory, and then do nothing (i.e. not display any of the entries it just downloaded).

As a followup to problem #2, I see these types of messages in the logfile:

Code:
23:50:28 M: 28635136  NOTICE: urllib2
23:50:28 M: 28635136  NOTICE: .
23:50:28 M: 28635136  NOTICE: URLError
23:50:28 M: 28635136  NOTICE: :
23:50:28 M: 28635136  NOTICE: <urlopen error (10055, 'No buffer space available')>
23:50:28 M: 28635136  NOTICE:
23:50:28 M: 28635136   ERROR: Scriptresult: Error

I've seen some posts about this problem, and people have said "Edit settings.xml", but I don't see a settings.xml and neither does the plugin:

Code:
23:36:48 M: 39325696   DEBUG: DIRECTORY::CPluginDirectory::GetDirectory - URL for plugin settings: Hulu/
23:36:48 M: 39325696   ERROR: Unable to load: Q:\plugins\video\Hulu\resources\settings.xml, Line 0
                             Failed to open file

Here is the full logfile showing both problems: http://dpaste.com/118070/

Does anyone have any advice on fixing either problem? Thanks!

Bump. I can repro the second problem very consistently by trying to open the "24-Hour News" directory under "Onion News Network".
I'm running the plugin from the svn repo installer... on an xbox... from within the USA. I entered my hulu username & password. What do I need to do now to see my Hulu queue?
sion28 Wrote:I'm running the plugin from the svn repo installer... on an xbox... from within the USA. I entered my hulu username & password. What do I need to do now to see my Hulu queue?

From what I understand, that functionality isn't really there yet. You can put in your username/password, but it doesn't actually do anything right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47