Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Those affected by the intel gfx tearing/vsync issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
To all those affect by the tearing/vsync issues of your intel gfx, what are your solutions?

Currently I have two tiny custom htpc with intel x4500HD gpus, regardless of what i have tried, hd movies played with xbmc result in horrible tearing that it is basically unwatchable.

So far my solution has been to temporarily use other programs for my hd movie needs (media play classic still plays everything great), and my reliable old xboxs for everything else.

I am almost to the point of taking a loss on these pc's, and buying larger htpcs with seperate nvidia cards.

Its really a shame something so stupid is ruining xbmc for me atm.

Who else is at the end of their rope?

We have to get this fixed! ; it is a major issue, and will likely turn off other users to the project aswell.

If it is a driver issue, what about a custom driver? or perhaps we can contact intel to get their help. I dunno something has to work... right now those with intel gpus are basically f**ked! Sad
I'm sorry to here that your are having problems, but I have the Intel ID45GD and I have not had the problems you described. I only have problems with 1080P stuff (stuttering) I use mediaportal with the power DVD HW codec for this stuff. I'm guessing Mplayer doesn't take advantage of GPU's H264 Offload
I have intel G45 with X4500HD and it works just fine. No tearing and no problems, i don't know what you have done to screw it up but it's not a driver issue if you're using the latest ones. And waht do you mean by hdmovies? what is the other setup of the box? what cpu do you use etc?
Speed Racer, O Dog, what OS are you using?
vista
That explains it then, EVR in Vista seems to fix the problem.
i use xp sp3, brand new install. im getting tearing with most videos, especially fast scenes.

so perhaps vista is better to reduce the vsync issues? I will have to give it a shot.. I just bugs me so much that all my 1080p mkvs play great in media player classic home cinema on xp, but tear/judder in xbmc.

hardware:
e8600 3.33ghz
intel dg45fc mITX mobo + X4500HD
4gb kingston ram
64gb patriot warp ssd

its not the harware for sure..
I have a G35 with an E6600 CPU and it works fine if I use an external player, like ZoomPlayer. (Which I configured to use EVR in Vista).

The OpenGL XBMC video renderer will probably never work as good as EVR or Windows native solutions/codecs. (I hope I'm wrong!)
Crewone Wrote:I have a G35 with an E6600 CPU and it works fine if I use an external player, like ZoomPlayer. (Which I configured to use EVR in Vista).

The OpenGL XBMC video renderer will probably never work as good as EVR or Windows native solutions/codecs. (I hope I'm wrong!)

thats the whole issue, there is no reason it cant look as good (heck it does on my other pcs with nvidia cards.)

There is something with xbmc + intel gpus (tearing/vsync issues) .. these should be fixed somehow. Using an external player is fine for a temp solution, but not long term.
Thats weird that your still getting tearing on Vista Crew, for alot of people Vista works fine. Do you have Aero enabled?

Dwolf, uninstall your current version and install Beta2. I've always had tearing until this morning. I installed Beta 2 and its now perfect.
HexusOdy Wrote:Thats weird that your still getting tearing on Vista Crew, for alot of people Vista works fine. Do you have Aero enabled?

Dwolf, uninstall your current version and install Beta2. I've always had tearing until this morning. I installed Beta 2 and its now perfect.

so use vista, keep aero enabled, and use beta 2... i'll give that a shot tonight
It's not just tearing, but also that it just doesn't look as smooth as a setup using CoreAVC with EVR and ReClock. (We're talking HD content here, 1080p h264 files, mostly 24fps movies/series)

It's not as simple as a CPU power problem (E6600 @ 3.0Ghz) probably more of a timing/rendering issue. Might be the intel IGP, might be the OpenGL drivers, bottom line.... Zoomplayer+CoreAVC+EVR works, XBMC doesn't. Solution: XBMC+Externalplayer, which is fine for now, as it beats MediaPortal hands down. There is not much not to like about that solution, because XBMC provides a fine front-end to a proven and tested video player. Combined with eventghost and an universal remote it is a near seamless integration.
Vsync works in Vista as long as Aero is enabled, but XBMC does not output the proper fps so you are not getting smooth playback on a X4500. I found no way to remedy this at all when I was on Vista. If you have this working and are sure you are getting 60fps out of XBMC, please detail how.

Vsync works in WinXP and you can get the proper fps out of XBMC, but to get it working past build 16051, you need to either switch to windowed and back to fullscreen once in XBMC, or switch resolutions while in XBMC. Vsync needs to be set to driver select, and "asynchronous flip" should be set to off in the intel gfx settings.

I detailed all of this in http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5202

In conclusion, Intel's drivers are total shit. I put a $25 low profile Nvidia card in my machine and everything works just fine now.
Dwolf Wrote:so use vista, keep aero enabled, and use beta 2... i'll give that a shot tonight

No if your on XP just go back to Beta 2. If all else fails try Vista with Aero.
Dwolf Wrote:thats the whole issue, there is no reason it cant look as good (heck it does on my other pcs with nvidia cards.)

There is something with xbmc + intel gpus (tearing/vsync issues) .. these should be fixed somehow. Using an external player is fine for a temp solution, but not long term.

i normally would not answer to just another thread regarding this tearing problems, but i have to make clear it's not only intel gfx suffering from this issue.

i have the same problems using ati gfx, and even worse, installing beta 2 did not change anything - same tearing issues.

my solution is using vista with aero enabled. this EVR thing does a real good job.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9