Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox and multimedia, video interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
xbox and multimedia, video interview

the xbmp team have been asked by a popular technology news website if we can find a couple of active and experienced xbmp end-users that would be willing to be interviewed on camera for a short piece on 'hacking (read as modding)' xboxes for non-gaming activities, specifically multimedia (xbmp and xbmc). the interview will be carried out sometime in the next few weeks in the san francisco bay area, so they need someone who live in or close to san francisco, has chipped his/her xbox and is using it with xbmp (maybe even capable of bringing along an xbox for the interview). the reporter have asked us not to disclose their identity/company at this time. people who are interested should e-mail [email="[email protected]"]gamester17[/email] and write a little about themselves (name, age, gender, location, xbox experience, xbmp/xbmc experience, xbox spec, etc.). good responses will be forwarded to the reporter doing the piece, the reporter will then contact those persons directly, (personal information will not be shared with anyone else).
fyi, only got five valid replies so far and not all had xbmp as dash so keep em coming Image
i'm wondering if cnet video will bring more interest in xbm*, and how much. too bad the video caption say "using a modchip", while we all know that xbox can be modded via software.
well, i cannot watch the movie :-) since i run linux and mozilla, and the realplayer plugin does not work with it.
does anybody have a direct link to the file? i could download it and (try to) play it with mplayer.
thankx
fyi, the interview has now been held and the entire report and video has been posted on cnet news.com website

cnet playing for keeps: cnet has today posted the first in a three-day report about the multimedia capabilities of todays and future game consoles, including the use of xbmc/xbmp on the xbox. cnet is/was the popular technology news website that contacted us a couple of weeks ago about interviewing a xbmp end-user on camera and that video interview is part of this report, quote: "game industry leads race for digital 'uberdevice'". so head over to cnet news.com and check it out the first piece, "strategy: outside the box" and watch the video (with steven, a san francisco student), you also get the full three-day report right now in pdf format if you register with cnet (which is free) otherwise you have to wait two more days to read all three pieces.

cnet news.com article: playing for keeps (a three-day report)
cnet news.com video: xbmp turns xbox to a multimedia center