Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Image Tagger Stand-Alone Tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Image Tagger standalone has been posted.
https://sourceforge.net/project/platform..._id=241717
There's was a few glitches in the initial installer, 1.0.7a fixed that

Image Tagger Stand Alone 1.0.7a
- The stand alone version of Movie Info Plus's Tagging utility - based off TOG from here in the forums
- DO NOT INSTALL to the movie info plus install directory if your also using MIP, it will freak out
- Requires that ImageMagick be installed (see Movie Info Plus Wiki (Under Image Tagging) for install instructions for ImageMagick)
- Based off the rev 2408 source for MIP
- This is the same display as shown in MIP when you setup and configure image tagging
- When tagging your own icons, you need to save them by clicking on the save image button and telling it where to save with what name, it does not automatically save it, it's only a display of what it will look like. (The reason it does not automatically save it is that is not associated with any movies or tvshows, this also allows you to remove the tag, resize for specific posers, tag fanart, etc.)
- If you want to tag just one side, i.e. left or right, create a 1x1 pixel PNG file and select it for the current icon taggin (ie. DVD.. then when tagging .. tag > dvd > stereo).. this results in a tag only of the stereo overlay (right side).

This version can be added to other applications using Movie Info Plus source code and setting up a configuration file. Source code is in the MIP active trunk. This is done as a vb.net dialog box, allowing it to be associated with form data and passing data to<>from the app to the dialog.
A basic c# source is on sourceforge as well.

I like the idea of tagging and this will be used more often in the future.Nod

So maybe tagging should be a feature of XBMC scraper by creating a .tbn file. (example "tag.tbn").
This .tbn file can be placed wherever the skin developer likes.
This is also the only comment I have, don't like tag placed on cover.
fekker Wrote:Image Tagger standalone has been posted.
https://sourceforge.net/project/platform..._id=241717
There's was a few glitches in the initial installer, 1.0.7a fixed that

Image Tagger Stand Alone 1.0.7a
- The stand alone version of Movie Info Plus's Tagging utility - based off TOG from here in the forums
- DO NOT INSTALL to the movie info plus install directory if your also using MIP, it will freak out

fekker,

since you moved to a standalone topic for this, i repeat here:

i'm still having issues getting this one to work under vista x64. it still crashes directly on startup after some seconds of loading.

the installation directory used was D:\Imagetagger (and MIP is installed at d:\movieinfoplus). i've installed imagemagic successfully and so the tagging part works like a charm inside movie info plus..

the error reported by windows was System.InvalidOperationException

..any idea?
azido Wrote:fekker,

since you moved to a standalone topic for this, i repeat here:

i'm still having issues getting this one to work under vista x64. it still crashes directly on startup after some seconds of loading.

the installation directory used was D:\Imagetagger (and MIP is installed at d:\movieinfoplus). i've installed imagemagic successfully and so the tagging part works like a charm inside movie info plus..

the error reported by windows was System.InvalidOperationException

..any idea?

Can anyone give the standalone a try under xp or vista 32bit and let me know if it works or has the same issue as vista 64bit. Trying to isolate the failure point, but don't have a 64bit os.
fekker Wrote:Can anyone give the standalone a try under xp or vista 32bit and let me know if it works or has the same issue as vista 64bit. Trying to isolate the failure point, but don't have a 64bit os.

seems like noone than me is interested right now Sad

anyway, since i have a second computer with xp 32 on it, i've tested it there. short answer: same problem. the app crashes as soon as i try to start it.

step by step:

- the machine is a virgin one when it comes to MIP. it wasn't ever installed.
- installed imagemagick ( ImageMagick-6.4.8-5-Q16-windows-dll.exe ) with following the instructions you made for mip.
- imagemagic registered a dll with success. the testing on command prompt was successful.
- installed image tagger. it asked me to download net framework 3.5 which i did. net framework got installed successfully, too.
- setup of image tagger went further and told me it got installed without a problem.
- restarted machine in case net framework needs to be initialized (we all know how windows works, don't we..)
- started imagetagger with it's created icon -> crash occured asap. didn't take as long as on vista x64 before it told me it doesn't work.
azido Wrote:seems like noone than me is interested right now Sad

anyway, since i have a second computer with xp 32 on it, i've tested it there. short answer: same problem. the app crashes as soon as i try to start it.

step by step:

- the machine is a virgin one when it comes to MIP. it wasn't ever installed.
- installed imagemagick ( ImageMagick-6.4.8-5-Q16-windows-dll.exe ) with following the instructions you made for mip.
- imagemagic registered a dll with success. the testing on command prompt was successful.
- installed image tagger. it asked me to download net framework 3.5 which i did. net framework got installed successfully, too.
- setup of image tagger went further and told me it got installed without a problem.
- restarted machine in case net framework needs to be initialized (we all know how windows works, don't we..)
- started imagetagger with it's created icon -> crash occured asap. didn't take as long as on vista x64 before it told me it doesn't work.

I think the issue is the component factory dll version.. to test, copy the .dll file from the MIP install to the Image Tagger folder and see if it will open then.

The Image Tagger is using the newer version, which must be having an issue.

I've got a new VM configured and will give it a try later today as well.
fekker Wrote:I think the issue is the component factory dll version.. to test, copy the .dll file from the MIP install to the Image Tagger folder and see if it will open then.

The Image Tagger is using the newer version, which must be having an issue.

I've got a new VM configured and will give it a try later today as well.

yes, you are right.. after copying ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.dll from mediainfoplus to image tagger, i got further. first, i got an error message that i'm not allowed to access a certain cache path, but after one opening with administrative rights in vista it worked (and now even works without starting it with admin rights - must have been something to access on first startup.

i'm sure it will work on xp when changing that dll there. thanks!
fekker my friend,

it's not like i want to bug you.. but this standalone thing is still rather useless. seems like it is just the "configuration part" of the overlaying feature in mip.

ideally there should be a dialog to load any desired picture, put the wanted tag pictures on it, decide where they should be (movable) and finally save that picture.

right now there is an option to load a picture, but as soon as you choose any other picture than the default example ones, there are strange results like this one:

this even happens when you change margin/size when overlaying on the default examples.

and finally, when you try to save the file anyways, you can choose any name you want, it always gives back a crash telling me the file already exists.
azido Wrote:fekker my friend,

it's not like i want to bug you.. but this standalone thing is still rather useless. seems like it is just the "configuration part" of the overlaying feature in mip.
You are correct in that this is the same screen and source.

Quote:ideally there should be a dialog to load any desired picture
The option to load your own image is there - Button has been renamed
Quote:Put the wanted tag pictures on it, decide where they should be (movable)
That part will be hard to do, but I could allow selection of left or right bottom, could you expand on what options would be useful here.

Quote:and finally save that picture.
It's manual, but is there as the button.

Quote:right now there is an option to load a picture, but as soon as you choose any other picture than the default example ones, there are strange results like this one:
What is the size of the image your attempting to tag? (height and width) this appears to be a bug, or maybe it's because the button to load your own image didn't really have the correct name.

Quote:this even happens when you change margin/size when overlaying on the default examples.
Does this also happen in MIP's version of the tagger?

Quote:and finally, when you try to save the file anyways, you can choose any name you want, it always gives back a crash telling me the file already exists.
I prob don't have the overwrite flag on, that's easy enough to fix... fixed that one, it was not set to overwrite

Feedback is good, without it I wouldn't know there are issues.

I've also fixed the installer issue (where it would require .net 3.5, which it should not.
Fixed the installer putting in the wrong component factory .dll, and the reference to the old on that caused the issues with crashing/ hanging
I've added a few lines as well to remember which item you selected when you pick your own image to be tagged so that it goes back to that folder and auto populates the filename, makes it easier to tag.
I'll have it on sourceforge in a few minutes.
hi,

nice to see this ongoing and that you are interested in my feedback. here we go for more:

fekker Wrote:The option to load your own image is there - Button has been renamed

yeah i found it. i was just unsure if it's working the way i thought it should.

Quote:That part will be hard to do, but I could allow selection of left or right bottom, could you expand on what options would be useful here.

at the moment for the example pictures, it puts both overlay pics on top, unlike in mip where one goes bottom left, and the other goes top right.
for the current version, as there always are 2 overlay pictures (source + audio), i'd like to see both either on top or on bottom (selectable) whichever comes handy. also there should be some top margin /bottom margin being choosable in case it else would cover the title on some pics.

in general, i would like to choose if i want both source and audio pictures or only source pic.

ideally, if you enable to use top/right/left/down margin and do not limit those values, we should be able to move those overlay pics wherever we like. dunno if it's possible. mouse draggin to the desired place would be heaven, but i guess that does not work since you send the coordinates to imagemagick (that's my thought) to place the pics.

Quote:What is the size of the image your attempting to tag? (height and width) this appears to be a bug, or maybe it's because the button to load your own image didn't really have the correct name.

different ones. i tried a season cover with 400x568 in size, a fanart picture with 1280x720 and finally the 24 - redemption poster art which is 1000x1500 in size.

it even happens on the example picture when you change the size of the overlay pics to a certain amount (tested ones were DVD + Stereo images). i.e. setting them to 0,065 works, while 0,070 will create pictures like my last screenshot.

Quote:Does this also happen in MIP's version of the tagger?

yes, it does. it seems like it depends on the size setting. for example, i just tried a fanart picture for 24 - redemption in mip. size is 1920x1080. overlay pictures are the combination "xvid + stereo". when size is set to "0,150" and margin to "0,060" it works; setting size to "0,155" will produce that really big stereo picture which appears above everything - like in my screenshot.

and: when trying to use "save tagged image" button, it has the same behaviour like in the standalone version - no matter if i type in a complete new name like testforfun.jpg, it says "the file j:\movies\24 - redemption\fanart.jpg already exists."

it does work when i tag a movie icon within mip, though. but i cannot select an independent picture to just tag it there..

Quote:I prob don't have the overwrite flag on, that's easy enough to fix... fixed that one, it was not set to overwrite

sure on this? since i don't want to overwrite a picture, i want to generate a new one, like "tagged-fanart.jpg" - to me it behaves the complete save dialog is incomplete somehow.

Quote:Feedback is good, without it I wouldn't know there are issues.

hopefully mine is good enough to enlighten issues.

Quote:I've also fixed the installer issue (where it would require .net 3.5, which it should not.
Fixed the installer putting in the wrong component factory .dll, and the reference to the old on that caused the issues with crashing/ hanging
I've added a few lines as well to remember which item you selected when you pick your own image to be tagged so that it goes back to that folder and auto populates the filename, makes it easier to tag.
I'll have it on sourceforge in a few minutes.

sounds good, i give it a try tomorrow and post again.
Ok, i see what you mean about the save file dialog, i'll have to fix that part in both apps..
. I found the bug with that.. my bad.. it's using the selection from when it was picked and not when it was to be saved.

I can't reproduce the image, but since it's based off the height, it's possible to make it too big. I'll give it more granular options for margin and size.

i'll see what I can do about different locations and such after I get the new release of MIP completed, it's getting close.
Hi.

First of all I´d like to thank you for an excellent idea and a great work so far.

I´ve managed to install the image tagger but only found: ImageMagick-6.4.8-7-Q16-windows-dll to install first... (running XP 32 SP3)

I´m suffering the same issues as former writer with the sizes... Tags are getting to big and deleting the poster...

Since posters seem to differ in sizes and I guess this is an issue to why the tags get all wrong in size or that one have to config for each poster, I thought that maybe (and this might be really stupid...) some poster sizes miss understand the size and makes the app think that 0,1% really is 10% or 100% of the size..

Or did I get the problem all wrong?

Is there a possibility to add the option of "margin hight"? Meaning that you can tell where to put the tag on a vertical level, top, middle, bottom.. thanx

Regarding position of the tag, there can be pre-fixed places, as in "bottom-left", "bottom-2nd_left", "bottom-3rd_left", "Top-left", Top-2nd_left" etc.
You could even make a pic explaining the positions under the tab, Setup Test and Configure Tag, if you make the 3 buttons in the middle a little smaller and put them next to eachother at the bottom instead of on-top of eachother there will be room to choose positions there...

I´ve tried to find a system in why it behaves as it does with the tags in some posters, it seems as if it zooms in on the tag if the tag is about the size of the image, just a question, is there an "extra" "field/layer/image-holder" which is populated by the tag image? that might be the issue if that layer is a fairly fixed size, meaning that there is nothing wrong with the tag image but rather with the "field/layer/image-holder" settings.. I´ve experienced similar problems in webpage design.
It looks to me as the box matches up with the poster in size an cut of the tag-image sideways, kind of like when you try to paste a to big picture into a canvas in Gimp or Photoshop...
If you try to tag a "wrongly tagged" poster again it zooms in even further on the pic, repeating the error and making it worse, this is to me a clue of a minor misstake in the code for the positioning of the "field/layer/image-holder", if there is such.

Speaking of tags, could it be that both quality and sound there is an empty pic, to chose for no audio or no quality? Haven´t seen the code but it might have something to do with positioning both at the same time relative to eachother, wich would leave a see through easier to handle. (once again I might be out in the bushes... Smile)

And a last thing, is it confirmed that "movie.nfo" is supported by XBMC in the latest svn? I know I could just try, but since I have alot of files that I finaly got working in the lib mode I do not really want to mess with my lib settings in XBMC (Spend a whole lot of long nights updating everything manually...) and what happens if there is more than 1 .nfo in the folder? = movie.nfo, foldername.nfo and even "moviename in rar".nfo does it prioritate all ext´s right?
and ofcourse:
Same as above with .tbn-, fanart-, poster files...

I have all media in rars since that is one of the neatest features of XBMC...

I do appologize for being such a pain in the... but I realy like your app and just want to add to the further development of it.

Sincerly

//Talle
just to give you more feedback: saving to another file still does not work now in version 1.0.0.9a. this time, whatever new filename you try to set up for the tagged picture, it overwrites the opened one!

the size thing also still exists. i've tried on criminal minds season 3 cover artwork (400x578) and on species fanart (1280x720), and whatever size i set up for the overlay picture, it always seems to change the size of the original picture.

i have a guess on that: maybe the size setting in image tagger sends this information to the "wrong place" in imagemagic; that way, it does not resize the tag pictures, but the original image. makes sense to me, since in the above examples my saved files have those sizes:

1. criminal minds season 3.jpg is now only 48x69 pixels in size
2. species-fanart.jpg is now only 153x86 pixels in size.

now simply calculate this:

1. criminal minds season 3.jpg was 400x578, now is 48x69.

400 x 0,120 = 48 and 578 x 0,120 = 69,36 <- here we go..

to me that states: image tagger sends the given levels to imagemagic. imagemagic resizes the original picture to the new dimensions and then tries to put the overlay pictures on top of the resized image. or maybe it would work on the 1st overlay, but on the 2nd the resize applies. that might be the reason why on the picture i get there is always only the audio overlay viewable.

i hope after reading this you know what to do..

one more thing: is it possible i absolutely must have version 6.4.8.3 of imagemagic since they've changed parameters in later versions? might be my problem then, i have installed 6.4.8.5 since that was the only version i found on their page when downloading image magic.

edit: i've searched and found ImageMagick-6.4.8-3-Q16-windows-dll.exe. uninstalled newer version, installed this one. same behaviour.. Sad and it even does this "resize thing" when i just start up image tagger and try to tag the "breakfast is served" example image without changing margin or size. it works on all the other tagimage examples (which are all 425x700 in size) but the first one with 600x906 does not work for me.

fekker Wrote:Ok, i see what you mean about the save file dialog, i'll have to fix that part in both apps..
. I found the bug with that.. my bad.. it's using the selection from when it was picked and not when it was to be saved.
no ongoing progress here?
Pages: 1 2