Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Changelog

Note: If you are having problems with the videos only playing audio, try changing the video settings.
- Go to System >> Add-ons >> Enabled Add-ons >> Video Add-ons >> PBS >> Configure
- Change the video quality to 800k-500k and click ok

Downloads & Updates are available on the Official XBMC Repository
System >> Add-ons >> Get Add-ons >> XBMC.org Add-ons >> Video Add-ons

If you find any problems or bugs, please post here, pm me, or email [email protected] with a debug log.
Thanks, works great.Nod
Thank you - not to be greedy but...

Is is possible to do the same for NOVA?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/programs/

Are the other PBS online videos a possibility also?

Thanks again for 1) Excellent Plug-In 2) Speed of response!
afishe2000 Wrote:Thank you - not to be greedy but...

Is is possible to do the same for NOVA?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/programs/

Are the other PBS online videos a possibility also?

Thanks again for 1) Excellent Plug-In 2) Speed of response!

Thx, I would like to add NOVA but the videos feeds are in Quicktime and mss streams (Windows Media). I wasn't able to get the direct link to the Quicktime feed but I was able to get the direct link to the mss stream. The problem is, XBMC is having problems playing mss streams. No see here. Once that is fixed, I will add NOVA.
Oh hell yes!!!
frontline is awesome. i can't thank you enough for this.
This is SO great! ...Any chance we might get a "play all sections of an episode sequentially" option in the plugin options? :-)
w3__ Wrote:This is SO great! ...Any chance we might get a "play all sections of an episode sequentially" option in the plugin options? :-)

I wanted to do this but I didn't know how to. I'm sure it's possible. I'll look into it when I have more free time.
This is a great plug-in,

I have just had problems with the latest video available on the PBS website, I can see and read about all the parts, the thumb-nails show up correctly but when I try and load the video nothing happens,

I am using Linux (ubuntu 64bit)

Cheers,
It looks like PBS updated their website and the urls to some of the video files changed. Stare

On top of that, I was in the process of combining all the PBS shows (Frontline, NOVA, Nature, etc.) to one plugin. Just give me some time.
Thanks again,

Looking forward to the combined plugin,
Oh man you'd be a god if I could watch all the PBS content, current and archive....I so much want by boys to watch the Butterflies one...and frontline from feb 17th has not played ever on my box....thanks

--pant pant pant....
Hey Lewis, I answered your Cartoon Network question earlier... Navi-X has ALL PBS Episodes as well! In fact, here are the network podcasts Navi-X offers... Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Funimation, HBO and Nova Science.

I ask that anyone thinking about making a plugin or script for a TV network, please check Navi-X first because we are rapidly working on adding TV networks, streaming movies and music as we speak.

I'd hate for someone to spend a whole lot of time on a plugin when the content has already been added and more can be added in seconds to Navi-X!
I love the script, and no i'm not interested in navi-x. But would be nice to get a working update.
Sorry guys, I've been busy with midterms and I've been out of town. The Frontline site and other pbs sites recently updated and its very time consuming coming up with a plugin to work for each site layout. I should have the Frontline plugin ready by Wednesday.
Just take your time, I have really liked the whole Nova & Frontline plugin I can wait (please tell me you can do the Nova stuff as well Big Grin)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18