Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The database was merged in, but unfortunately, in the meantime, someone commited a database update to linuxport that 'stole' the database version i was using. Hence if you've used xbmc-vdpau, your database will already be version 24, and so the database update will fail.
In the changelogs it stated that users must delete their DB when switching back to the linuxport.

I am on R18868 checked out yesterday. Still having the same issues.

Hangs on end of regular VOB playback (DVD) and most 1080p movies need to be started and stopped a couple times. If autorefresh is not selected the second item does not seem to be an issue.

Dave
Haggy Wrote:Someone on IRC suggested to export the lib to a file, then upgrade or switch branches and then re-import the lib from file.

motd2k Wrote:The database was merged in, but unfortunately, in the meantime, someone commited a database update to linuxport that 'stole' the database version i was using. Hence if you've used xbmc-vdpau, your database will already be version 24, and so the database update will fail.

Ouch. There is some 7-8 hours of work in my library. Rolleyes
Maybe it's time to start using one of the media info management applications...

But first I try the hint by Haggy. Would be great if it works.
olympia Wrote:Ouch. There is some 7-8 hours of work in my library. Rolleyes

Olympia,

I dread the thought of how much work was in my library before Media Companion. Now I rebuild in about 30 minutes spanning 10 TB of media on the Server.

I have not installed the latest Media Companion but Billyad2000 just did a ton of work on the TV show section making it much easier to work with TV shows the moview section is pretty much perfect.

It took me about 4 hours to setup my library in MC and I am so GLAD I did.

Dave
Sorry for OT - but what makes you spend hours on the lib? thought it was as simple as scanning some dirs and you're done?!
I just updated to the latest SVN actually just completed and tested another regular (network playback VOB files) DVD and it STILL is hanging at the end of playback and not returning to the library.

All the the log says before I press stop on the remote is loading blackback.png (bundled)

Am I the only person seeing this, From the old update logs on the SVN it seems like it was to be fixed a few revisions ago actually while still in the vdpau branch, but it does not look like it was fixed. I have to revert back to 18158 vdpau rev to get it to work properly.

Dave
rodercot: please switch to linuxport - vdpau has been merged there and i think motd2k is busy squashing bugs there for the next stable release. i guess there won't be any updates in xbmc-vdpau for some time.
olympia Wrote:Ouch. There is some 7-8 hours of work in my library. Rolleyes

Olympia,

I use "Media Companion" to scrape my movie info.
This software is simple and does the job, you should give it a shot.
rodercot Wrote:I just updated to the latest SVN actually just completed and tested another regular (network playback VOB files) DVD and it STILL is hanging at the end of playback and not returning to the library.

All the the log says before I press stop on the remote is loading blackback.png (bundled)

Am I the only person seeing this, From the old update logs on the SVN it seems like it was to be fixed a few revisions ago actually while still in the vdpau branch, but it does not look like it was fixed. I have to revert back to 18158 vdpau rev to get it to work properly.

Dave

To be honest, unless i'm missing something, this belongs in a trac submission, it seems to be nothing to do with VDPAU (especially since VDPAU isnt used for DVD playback)
Other than that - you do know that it has been fixed in linuxport, so why not switch there or at least patch it in for yourself?
Haggy Wrote:Sorry for OT - but what makes you spend hours on the lib? thought it was as simple as scanning some dirs and you're done?!

Sorry too, this is the last OT on this, just to answer your question: The scraper not always defaulted the "best" covers and fanarts. It means I actually change them at least in case of half of my movies.
motd2k, I just wanted you to know how grateful I am for vdpau. This has been the single best 'selling' point I make when getting friends to make the conversion to XBMC.
Haggy Wrote:Other than that - you do know that it has been fixed in linuxport, so why not switch there or at least patch it in for yourself?

Haggy,

I am running the LINUX port and the problem is still there.

What I am saying this problem started in the vdpau branch sometime after 18158r and was still there even after the change logs for the vdpau branch stated that hanging was fixed.

And I am sure this bug was merged with the linuxport as well because I am still seeing the issue in the linuxport version as at this morning's update.

@motd2k

It is actually network playback of VOB files that are the issue. AVI and .ts are fine and stop and return to the library.

Rgds,

Dave
rodercot Wrote:It is actually network playback of VOB files that are the issue. AVI and .ts are fine and stop and return to the library.

Rgds,

Dave

I am not having this problem (I don't think, maybe I always hit stop) - but my CPU is staying at 100% after playing back a DVD ISO over the network. I will investigate further later.

xnappo
rodercot Wrote:What I am saying this problem started in the vdpau branch sometime after 18158r and was still there even after the change logs for the vdpau branch stated that hanging was fixed.

Ah now i get it, sorry. Always thought you stayed in xbmc-vdpau. Did you open a trac ticket?