Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any chance you guys with the stuttering could post the output from running nvidia-bug-report.sh as root, along with a xbmc.log
xnappo Wrote:If you go to the 'shutdown' menu, then go to 'info' then 'video' - what frequency does it say the video card is running at?

Best kind right?

xnappo

varies a little during playback but seems to be about 60hz
60? damnit...i never got near that. best was ~52 @2.5ghz and PMHD skin
motd2k Wrote:any chance you guys with the stuttering could post the output from running nvidia-bug-report.sh as root, along with a xbmc.log

will as soon as my roommate's gf gets off the damn south park (which is when it was running around 60 @ 720p, but it dips down into the 30's here and there as well)
gotoman00 Wrote:varies a little during playback but seems to be about 60hz

Ok, then you officially don't have the 1080p fullscreen issue. Which motd2k probably already ruled out anyway.

xnappo
xnappo Wrote:Ok, then you officially don't have the 1080p fullscreen issue. Which motd2k probably already ruled out anyway.

xnappo

do does this mean recompiling with said patch will do nothing for my current stuttering issues?
just to clear things up: you get ~60hz @1080i/1080p ?
Haggy Wrote:just to clear things up: you get ~60hz @1080i/1080p ?

correct... although it DOES drop and is somewhat variable, i can get up to 60hz
cpu? bios version? i got the same board...
The patch wont hurt, but i'm kinda doubtful it will fix it.

I'm more interested in where you're sourcing the files from, i've heard of this exact issue when running killa etc over samba.

Additionally, can you tell me about the spec of the system you're running, particularly regarding memory. How much, what speed, what configuration.
Haggy Wrote:cpu? bios version? i got the same board...

downloaded newest bios few days ago... cpu is an amd 5600+

my question is though, will adding this patch and recompiling help me at all with my (now minor) stuttering, or is this for a totally unrelated problem

motd2k Wrote:The patch wont hurt, but i'm kinda doubtful it will fix it.

I'm more interested in where you're sourcing the files from, i've heard of this exact issue when running killa etc over samba.

Additionally, can you tell me about the spec of the system you're running, particularly regarding memory. How much, what speed, what configuration.

i mount all my samba shares from my window machine with cifs, so that's how it's sourced... hardwired, no wifi

as far as my hardware, posted the board at the top, amd 5600+ cpu, 2 gigs of ddr2 gskill ram running at 800 (could be running 1066 with an AM2+ chip, alas it is not one), default configs in bios

additionally, i compiled xbmc with --disable-pulse
gotoman00 Wrote:do does this mean recompiling with said patch will do nothing for my current stuttering issues?

I am not sure. I was thinking your issue was the 'fullscreen' issue discussed here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46783

However, it appears this is not your problem.

I have no idea what issue the patch addresses...

xnappo
it helps at least debugging.
motd2k Wrote:The patch wont hurt, but i'm kinda doubtful it will fix it.

True - I get this issue running either killa or artbeats over wi-fi (g).

xnappo
i'm running from an ext4 partition directly from hdd and also have it...