Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suggestion to hide the scripts menu item like programs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Just like you can hide the "Programs" main menu item in the skins settings by disabling "Show programs in main menu", I'm suggesting the same thing to be added to the "Scripts" item.

I don't have anything installed here and since everything is being moved to "plugins" instead of "scripts", I don't see the use for this on the main menu. Of course, some people may find it useful, that's I'm suggesting for an option to be added, just like the programs one, instead of removing it Wink

What do you think?
Well if thats the case I'd like to be able to swap TV to the front and or disable photos as well since I don't use them either. Wink

Since things are being requested and all.
Not good a idea?

Most people probably use plugins instead of scripts... But anyhow, can someone help me out remove it from my local skin then? I'm not sure if it's just a matter of commenting the right portion of XML code or not...
This is a good idea. I too would like the option of removing Scripts folder, or have the option of changing it to Games.
PMIII or PM3.HD?
PM3.HD for me...

@yadster
Your post was interesting... Change it to games and what do you do from there?
I've looked at and it's certainly a step in the right direction but after trying it out I think it only works properly if in library mode. If like me you use file mode then it doesn't matter if you choose tv, videos or movies, it takes you to the exact same spot.
Then maybe look at what it is doing and modify it to your liking?
sho Wrote:Then maybe look at what it is doing and modify it to your liking?

Not sure how. If I modify TV to go straight to TV then movies and videos then go straight to TV as well.
Nazgulled Wrote:PM3.HD for me...

@yadster
Your post was interesting... Change it to games and what do you do from there?

I use PM3-HD on my xbox. Ideally I would like there to be a movies, tv and video buttons on the start-up screen as well as (an optional?) one for games. From here I could access the emulators and xbox games on the hard drive. I hope that makes sense.

Horizonz has the right idea for adding/removing what is available on the home screen, including things like comics, emulation, arcade, etc. But after trying probably every xbmc skin available it's always PM3 that I return to as it is rock solid and wife-proof :-)
I'm sorry to kick this old topic, but is it possible to remove the Scripts menu?