Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Features of a Modded Xbox (xbmc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I have made a summary of features for a modded xbox. However, i'm still new to xbmc. So if people could just write a simple summary statement that YOU know of, I think it would help a lot of new-come-rs. (i already know about the manual)

Features of an XBOX mod:
-Load a softmod menu: Backups, install, uninstall programs.
-Modded Dashboard: Have more control over your xbox, customize a 'skin' or the look of your bootup menu. Change the settings, like your IP address.
-Load to the original Dashboard: for xbox live
-Reset from Controller: Press 4 buttons at the same time to reset xbox
-FTP (File Transfer Protocol): Manage and access the xbox hard drive and transfer files back and forth; like adding apps, roms, emulators.
-Emulators: Emulate actual video games systems; n64, playstation1, snes, nes, sega, atari, commodore 64, DOS, etc.
-Roms: Emulate video games; play games for the n64, playstation1, snes, nes, sega, atari, commodore 64, DOS, etc.
-Applications: Perform different functions that your xbox can perform.
-Play DVD movie: Disables the necessity for the DVD remote add on via your controller. (You can still use remote)
-Play Region Free DVD: Play any type of DVD from around the world (XBMC)
-Play burned DVD-R/DVD+R media: Good for playing burned xbox games you got for free!
-Upgrade Hard Drive: Upgrade from 10gb hard drive to a 300gb hard drive
-Play xbox games from hard drive: -
-Load game trainers: Basically cheat exploits
-Rip xbox games: The app DVD2XBOX rips the game to xbox's hard drive
-Network xbox to PC: -
-Browse the Internet: From LinksBoks app
-Partition xbox hard drive: xbpartitioner app allows you to unlock an extra 2 gigs of storage on stock hard drive.

Features of XBMC: (XBOX MEDIA CENTER)
-Plays a wide variety of Media: Formats for Video, Music, Pictures
-Network PC to XBox:
-XBOX 360 Skin
-Control XBMC from PC web browser
http://www.xbox-scene.com

We don't deal in modded xboxes here, just XBMC.

Besides, it's not 2003. The hardware isn't even in production anymore.
If you have any questions, pm me. Xbox-scene is a good place to start.

allthekiller,
no offense but I don't understand all the disdain for xbox. This is where it all started, I know the hardware is outdated, but it is still a great no hassle platform, and xbox's are plentiful and easy to find. I plan on going htpc when nvidia ion hits and hopefully is great for xbmc. But, xbox is still amazing and I would not try to talk someone out if one if it fit there needs.

If you work within the limitations of xbox, it is capable of amazing things.
"allthekiller,
no offense but I don't understand all the disdain for xbox. This is where it all started, I know the hardware is outdated, but it is still a great no hassle platform, and xbox's are plentiful and easy to find. I plan on going htpc when nvidia ion hits and hopefully is great for xbmc. But, xbox is still amazing and I would not try to talk someone out if one if it fit there needs."

Jarod I thought exactly the same when I looked here! ..... you do knock it at every available chance Al.... even your sig.

I have done 3 this week for work coleagues and to say they are over the moon is an understatement!
We NEVER really supported xbox mod questions here. They were just tollerated. Now with the OT forums gone there is nowhere to move them to. I try to move the same types of OT linux questions off to the distro's forums whenever possible. It's not about ragging on xbox, it's about keeping the XBMC forums on topic and useful to OUR users. Hell I still use the xbox, but I don't see a point in cluttering our forums with outdated info that's all over xbox-scene, where it belongs. If it weren't "over the moon" MS would still be making the things. The xbox is going to follow the Weibull Curve, just like everything else. There will be a sudden spike in failure rate at some point, and that point isn't getting any further away.
well if you read in between the lines of my post you'll see that i was requesting features for xbmc and not more xbox features, I was just giving examples of the statements i'm looking for. This post IS for xbmc... and i'm still waiting for this communities response.
http://xbmc.org/about/features/ I don't see why anyone should have to reiterate this list.

State what the topic of this thread is in plain English, short and to the point (no puzzles, obfuscation, reading between the lines, etc) or it's getting closed. All I see is a wall of rambling, mostly off topic text.
ok didn't know that existed...
You must feel dum dickalan. I would too though lol.