Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [request] option to remove crossfading from one backdrop to another on the Home page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this is a simple request i hope. while selecting a a category on home the window slightly fades this seems to make the skin a bit laggy when trying to select one quickly, can there be an option to remove that fade? Make selecting the category a bit faster for everyone might be a good idea Smile
Hopefully this will not get overlooked. Many of my friends dislike using Stark because of this. Can it at least be an option?
FFS 170 views, and no-one else agrees?
I would actually like that, or more correctly it would be nice to know what/where to change the fadetimer/turn it of completly.. Smile
Well I like it the way it is, but for ppl with not so good performance, it would be good to know.

PS: Maybe you should use a better thread title saying something about your request ;-)
Just so I know what we're talking about here, you mean the crossfading from one backdrop to another on the Home page?
Yes I believe that would be it djh_ I have looked myself but I'm not sure what to edit.
I agree and also it seems to be about a third of a second behind the actual button press, which I think is actually lag. Hard to say really.
I am extremely happy that it isn't just me as a matter of fact this was one my largest issues with the original Aeon.
I don't use Aeon because of this lag. It's too annoying.
if this is changed, it should be an option, I like it on one system, not on the other, it depends on your computer hardware.

--FF
i don't think speeding it is the solution, perhaps delaying the fade by a second or 1.5/2 would accomplish the desired results, in essence, it should remain what ever fanart its currently in until you land the section and then it should fade a second into it.
were these images converted to .bmp or are they still .jpg?

.bmp as instructed by djh should reduce processing lag i imagine.
No image editing on my part i have not changed from the default Backgrounds.
slight lag here, but it's worth it for the nice effect. a cross fade to me makes it look better. This skin is about eye candy, 1 static image to another is booooring. I guess if people with lower end systems have big time lag it might be worth changing, but I'ma keep it enabled.
Pages: 1 2