Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaReader - Media Manager & NFO Generator (Open Source Java cross-platform support)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Media Reader 0.71

I guess a bunch of releases never made it into this thread. Tons of things have changed but 070-071 introduces trailers from traileraddict instead of IMDB. The trailers are better and I hope I won't constantly have to change the code to pick them up. If you are still at 0.60 you really want to upgrade. It has (some) network support, read the doc.

Media Reader 0.60

Not sure why this post still had version 0.49 listed ;-). MediaReader is at 0.60.

- Mediareader at times was not picking the obvious movie from IMDB but some other obscure information.

- Code comes with a refreshed Mozilla/Swing interface (refreshed from it's svn).

- Added a new function to relocate movies from single movie file into individual directories (drop me a note if you don't quite understand how it works, I'll document it when I find the time).

- Added support for new nfo file format (fileinfo section). Mediareader supports any number of audio streams and any number of subtitle streams. The XBMC Wiki is not clear on what the format tag should look like (AVC or A/VC, AC-3 or AC3 or ac3?). So if there are better specs, let me know and I will change it.

At present the information for the nfo file is *always* read from the physical moviefile and audio/subtitle info cannot be edited. As I am in the middle of writing Mediaserver (unless someone has this title indeed trademarked) I only want to put the absolutely necessary effort into the old code. Mediaserver supports any number of streams including multiple video streams.

Get it here:
There is an early, early version of a user guide to get you started here.

If you are looking for support, go to the 24hourloop.com forum. I troll by here no more often than twice a week and for some reason do not get notifications.

Thanks, nice work. Cool
I've just tested it real quick since I'm currently building my new HTPC, but I'll be using it soon.
Thank you for trying to make this multiplatform.
But it doesnt work on my Macbook running Leopard.

Here's the error:

Code:
MacBook:Install - Mediareader as$ java -jar mediareader.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/application/SingleFrameApplication
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass2(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:774)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:160)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:254)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:316)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:374)
Hi,

darn, yes, didn't test under Mac (wish I had one). What version of Java are you running? Do you get this right when you are starting it (I presume so).

After the install you should have a /lib directory under the directory where mediareader.jar is located. In this directory should be a appframework-1.0.3.jar'. When you unzip this thing (yes, you can) you should see a directory path of 'org/jdesktop/application/' and in that directory a 'SingleFrameAppplication.class'.

My first guess would be that you do not seem to have the 'lib' subdirectory.

Did you install manually or use the installer?

(Btw, I am trying to run the support here.
I get this error when running

java -jar mediareader.jar

I guess thats what you mean by "installing".
So sorry, stuck the wrong file into the rar archive. Download it again. Now there is a 'mr.rar' file which is the installer. It'll walk you through the process.

It was too late at night, I guess ....
Hehe no problem. We're getting closer.
Installer runs fine, but the program won't Sad

Following error when I run it:

Code:
MacBook:MediaReader as$ java -jar mediareader.jar
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
    at tvdbreader.TVDBReaderApp.startup(TVDBReaderApp.java:19)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
Z3rO Wrote:Hehe no problem. We're getting closer.
Installer runs fine, but the program won't Sad

Following error when I run it:

Code:
MacBook:MediaReader as$ java -jar mediareader.jar
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
    at tvdbreader.TVDBReaderApp.startup(TVDBReaderApp.java:19)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

You are running Java pre 1.6 (or 6 as it is also known).

You can find out what version you are running by entering java -version in a command line window (I presume the Mac has something like it). You should have something like 6.13 (may show up as 1.6.13). There seems to be a software update button which should get you the latest version ;-)...

Try using the board for the bugs/problems so others can benefit ..

I'd like to hear when you got it going so I know about Mac support...
Ok it starts now under Leopard. I had to set Java to use version 1.6 instead of 1.5 now it opens fine. Since I don't have any TV Series I can't be of more help until the IMDB scraper is included.

To switch versions use the Java Preferences.app under /Applications/Utilities/Java/

And sorry, I don't want to reg on another board.
I am really looking forward to having a mac platform media manager. Keep up the good work.
Believe it or not, I finished the movie code today (well, I always want to add another piece here and there and it's never finished but I'll put it out today or tomorrow after some more testing).

It now works pretty much the same for TV and movies. It actually retrieves better actor images than the other scrapers, although it can be slow so that can be turned off. Everything is fully editable, I am pretty happy with it so far. So check tonight or tomorrow.

I have a fairly long list of things I want to add including printouts, generation of html and integration of the Lobo browser as well as Netflix and NYTimes review support. I want to pull the rating from RottenTomatoes because IMDB ratings suck IMHO.

So hang in there.
Media Reader v. 0.9 alpha with movie support is out. I believe the only cross-platform media manager. Here a couple of screen shots (There is a lot more to it including the ability to pull all artwork to your local drive, edit seasons and episodes, actors, genres, etc., etc.):

Get it here.

And PLEASE, PLEASE read the readme.
Finally a media manager that will work on linux. Good work and thank you.
I gave it a shot and found a few problem using FC9. 1. I cannot resize the edit window causing it to display outside of the screen boundaries which means I can't get to the bottom of the page (buttons). 2. When I select movie art nothing shows up and I get an error message when running from the console. http://pastebin.com/m225f0b28

edit Also tv section does not work at all. The context menus do not show up.

Again thanks for the program very well could be the best media manager yet!
Yay movie support. Thank you Rernst. Big Grin

As soon as I'm at home I'll test it against my movie library.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13