Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon skin - building the movie db
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,

To start I have a videoxml.xml file that contains all my movie info.

I imported the stuff into my library.

Looking at the VIDEO all my movies shows up in FILE mode.

It appears that I must SCAN FOR NEW CONTENT on the directory to get the MOVIE gui so that I can use the SEARCH option.

This is where it gets messed up!

When I do a SCAN, the info is being fetched from IMDB and my xml loaded into the video library is not being used! How do I tell that when I do the SCAN, XBMC should use my VIDEO library and not fetch anything from the internet!
vskatusa Wrote:Hi,

To start I have a videoxml.xml file that contains all my movie info.

I imported the stuff into my library.

Looking at the VIDEO all my movies shows up in FILE mode.

It appears that I must SCAN FOR NEW CONTENT on the directory to get the MOVIE gui so that I can use the SEARCH option.

This is where it gets messed up!

When I do a SCAN, the info is being fetched from IMDB and my xml loaded into the video library is not being used! How do I tell that when I do the SCAN, XBMC should use my VIDEO library and not fetch anything from the internet!

Select "Use Folder Names For Lookup". This tells it to parse the locally-stored files first.
Quote:Select "Use Folder Names For Lookup". This tells it to parse the locally-stored files first.

I tried the above!

Example:

Best of Millennium Vol 1/AUIDO_TS
Best of Millennium Vol 1/VIDEO_TS
Best of Millennium Vol 1/Best of Millennium Vol 1.tbn
Best of Millennium Vol 1/Best of Millennium Vol 1.nfo
Best of Millennium Vol 1/folder.jpg

After xbmc scans this folder I expect the name of the title in the GUI to be <title>Best of Millennium Vol 1</title> which is found in the *.nfo file in the folder -- but to my surprise I see the caption END OF MILLENNIUM as the gui title!

I expected the cover art to be that of *.tbn or folder.jpg but to my surprise the default BLANK cover art is shown! BTW both *.tbn & folder.jpg are identical images!

I am using IKON SVN build and this looks like a bug! Am I right or am I missing something here?

Same is the case with folder "CHANNEL V HITS" - This is being shown in the GUI as "CHANNEL 4 NEWS"! - It seems to me that in spite of me telling xbmc to use the folder a internet scraping is being done!
Try putting the contents of Video_TS in the main folder.
Quote:Try putting the contents of Video_TS in the main folder.

No luck!

I am confident that this is a bug! I have selected "Use Folder Names For Lookup" and each folder has *.tbn, *.nfo & folder.jpg and XBMC is not working per design!

Anybody tried this and had different results?
What are you trying to do exactly?
Where did that "videoxml.xml" come from?
videoxml.xml is the complete xml of all my video's (Movies).

Some background!

Each of my movie folder has [moviename].nfo, [moviename].tbn, [moviename].jpg along with the video!

I went into file mode in video and created a source and pointed to my folder! I was "expecting" that the library would be built from my info in each folder (*.nfo, *.tbn etc btw i do have folder.jpg which identical to *.tbn in each folder)! But it did not! So I created a videoxml.xml which contains info of all my movies enclosed in <videodb> & </videodb> with each movie in <movie> & </movie>. I then IMPORTED this into the library! This was the genesis of my videoxml.xml! After importing all my videos info was perfect under the FILE mode view under VIDEOS!

The next step was to scan the folders for building the movie db! This is where I seem to have the problem. xbmc scraps imdb and builds my db eventhough I have selected "Use Folder Names For Lookup". BTW, this functionality seems to have broken! At least that is my conclusion!
This might be a language issue, but I still don't get what you are trying to do and why you are trying to do it. How did you create videoxml.xml ?

If you are importing an existing db export it looks to me that you are doing things the wrong way around.
If you have successfully imported a db export, there should be no need to rescan, since the data should be in the db.
And of course your files view looks ok, it would do so even if you had no library set up.

Did you at some time have a working video library, or are you trying to create one for the first time?
Quote:Did you at some time have a working video library, or are you trying to create one for the first time?

No!

I created the videoxml.xml manually from "media companion" - stitched all the nfo files of each movie and made one big videoxml.xml!
I seee.....

How about just trying this?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post233507

Switch to PM3.HD meanwhile since that is used throughout the manual, you can always switch back to Aeon.
I seee.....

How about just trying this?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post233507

Switch to PM3.HD meanwhile since that is used throughout the manual, you can always switch back to Aeon.
Quick question.....

Let us say I have created a source for my movies....and xbmc lists all the info from the library in FILE mode.

Now, to activate the LIBRARY, i do the following:

1. set content = MOVIE
2. scraper = IMDB
3. USE FOLDER NAMES FOR LOOKUP

Then do SCAN FOR NEW CONTENT.....if this is done and each of my folder has its own *.nfo, *.tbn and folder.jpg the LIBRARY is built using the info in each folder (rather than scraping IMDB) - Have I got it right?
Yes.

If you have each movie in it's own folder and the folder has are relevant name you use "USE FOLDER NAMES FOR LOOKUP".
You probably don't need it activated since you seem to have all the information contained in nfo files though.
I need to scan for the SEARCH functionality in the LIBRARY mode!

To toggle to LIBRARY mode xbmc forces me to SCAN FOR NEW CONTENT - There is simply no way to get around it!

If I SCAN FOR NEW CONTENT then the scraper ignores my folder *.nfo information!

Is this a bug? The previous version of XBMC worked fine!
With PM3.HD?
(see the debug log requirement in the link I gave you)
Pages: 1 2 3 4