Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] uTorrent XBMC PauseResume Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
News:
May 24th, 2009 - version 1.1.3 released. Use v1.1.3 or higher!

About:
This script interacts with the uTorrent WebUI Interface! It asks for user information; user, pass, ip, and port number. It checks the data and continues, or asks again depending on correct or incorrect information. Then the script allows the user to pause and resume all active torrents in uTorrent.

Uses:
Primarily, the script is used to pause torrents before watching streaming video. This allows the streaming video to obtain maximum bandwidth.

Other:
This will be the official thread from now on! Please refer back for updates, information, news, etc!
The script needs a skin! Post your ideas, or PM me.

Downloads:
http://f3ar007.bravehost.com/xbmc/
or
http://code.google.com/p/f3ar007 with SVN!

Install:
1.) Enable WebUI
2.) Install Script
3.) First run asks for and checks user information; user, pass, ip, port!
4.) Pause or Resume with on-screen buttons!
5.) Change Settings with on-screen button.

Notes:
Windows Vista - Run as Administrator! The script writes to its own directory. If XBMC privileges are not elevated to Administrator level, there will be a FileErrror.

XBOX - Advanced Tip! Not Necessary! Installing mechanize and ClientForm in system/python/Lib directory nullifies the need to have the packages in the same folder as the script! Try installing them there!
The 15th line, in the mechanize package, of _msiecookiejar.py must be edited, change 'nt' to 'nt2' or anything else to avoid an unnecessary import. To avoid this, simply move the folder mechanize and the file ClientForm from the default script install path to system/python/Lib.
wicked, nice to see a torrent script returning for XBMC Babylon.
thanks for this. i shall download and test now.

i look forward to any updates
This is heaps useful, cheers!
whenerver i launch the script it just fails Error Q:\scripts\uTorrent\default.py

XBMC Xbox version 20585

am i missing something? do i have to put user / password in to the py file? or is it supposed to ask for details upon launch?
rudeboyx Wrote:whenerver i launch the script it just fails Error Q:\scripts\uTorrent\default.py

XBMC Xbox version 20585

am i missing something? do i have to put user / password in to the py file? or is it supposed to ask for details upon launch?

Try the newest release, which is version 1.1.2. In the previous version I forgot to include the mechanize package! Let me know how it goes!

Also, please post a log if the upgrade doesn't work!
that is with the latest version

where is the script log is it just the main xbmc log?
rudeboyx Wrote:that is with the latest version

where is the script log is it just the main xbmc log?

Yes, turn on xbmc debugging and then post the log at a site like http://www.pastebin.com/

**The debug log is in the main directory and is named 'xbmc.log'

**Preliminary steps
1.) Turn on uTorrent WebUI
2.) Set user, pass, and port number
3.) Install Script (this can be done at any time!)
4.) Run script

**Steps to run the script
1.) script prompts for user input; user, pass, ip, port
2.) new window is drawn, buttons; pause, resume, change settings
3.) that's it!
debug log here

http://pastebin.com/m10e28d05

error on line 313
rudeboyx Wrote:debug log here

http://pastebin.com/m10e28d05

error on line 313

Okay, I am working on the fix right now. I was unaware mechanize called ClientForm. So I am adding it to the directory right now. The update will be ready in about 5 minutes!

Version 1.1.3 has been uploaded to both Google Code and BraveHost.
alright that works.
cheers for the speedy update.

what are your plans for this script?

i for one would love to see individual torrent control and maybe something alittle more appealing to the eyes.

but a usefull little tool as it is.

cheers
rudeboyx Wrote:what are your plans for this script?

i for one would love to see individual torrent control and maybe something alittle more appealing to the eyes.

Individual torrent control is a great idea, watch out for future versions! If you have any ideas for the script, I have included a screen shot, perhaps users could edit and submit their ideas! A talented skin creator could probably create a background in little to no time at all!
I just tried this out. I've got some suggestions.

- There's no way to exit the user->pass->ip->port questions if you want to. You have to complete them and get them correct otherwise you have to restart XBMC.

- Rather than a seperate window opening with the Pause/Resume/Settings why not just open a dialog with those options. Then your script automatically matches the current skin.
greatant1337 Wrote:I just tried this out. I've got some suggestions.

- There's no way to exit the user->pass->ip->port questions if you want to. You have to complete them and get them correct otherwise you have to restart XBMC.

- Rather than a seperate window opening with the Pause/Resume/Settings why not just open a dialog with those options. Then your script automatically matches the current skin.

Thanks for the input! The second suggestion is great, it is probably faster as well. As for the first, the user can't exit in the middle of the prompts, but I could add a dialog that asks if the user wants to try again.
I just noticed the release thread for this. I posted in the test thread. I wanted to let you know 1.1.3 is working fine here on Win32. I think the idea of just opening a dialog to match the current skin for now is a good idea until more features are added and some skins created.
Here is a list of available features, within the WebUI API. There is a small number of actions and job properties. The only useful ones I see are start, stop, pause, resume; and, these work the same way, almost! However, I think individual torrents is a great idea, and the ability to pause or resume certain torrents will be included in upcoming releases.

If you see anything else in that post, or have any other ideas, let me know!
Pages: 1 2 3