Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Video stops for a while and then starts again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started using XBMC a few months ago and so far i've had no problems, I've got the following hardware setup:

Intel E6600 Dual Core Processor
2GB Ram
NVidia GeForce fx5200

Both my hard drives are new SATA drives and I am running Ubuntu 9.04, I use the AEON Interface.

A few days ago for no reason that I can tell video playback suddenly began to pause for a few moments, then after approximately 30 seconds the video would play really quickly to catch up with the audio which never stopped playing.

I've not changed any settings, the only thing I did diferently to usual was playing a DVD with XBMC which until this point i'd not done before.

I've tried to fiddle with various settings but to no avail, I'm wondering if a recent ubuntu software update may have caused the issue, does anyone know of any thing which could have caused this and more the point, what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Alex.
merdok1981 Wrote:I started using XBMC a few months ago and so far i've had no problems, I've got the following hardware setup:

Intel E6600 Dual Core Processor
2GB Ram
NVidia GeForce fx5200

Both my hard drives are new SATA drives and I am running Ubuntu 9.04, I use the AEON Interface.

A few days ago for no reason that I can tell video playback suddenly began to pause for a few moments, then after approximately 30 seconds the video would play really quickly to catch up with the audio which never stopped playing.

I've not changed any settings, the only thing I did diferently to usual was playing a DVD with XBMC which until this point i'd not done before.

I've tried to fiddle with various settings but to no avail, I'm wondering if a recent ubuntu software update may have caused the issue, does anyone know of any thing which could have caused this and more the point, what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Alex.

start by pastebining the xbmc.log file and a mediainfo output of the video content you are trying to play.
Well it happens on ALL videos I try to play, be they movies, tv shows or DVD's, the file format doesnt make a difference either, it does the same with normal formats as well as MKV's and ISO's.

I'll check out the logs and if that doesnt shed any light (I didnt know there were logs to check) I shall post the results here.

Thanks

Alex.
merdok1981 Wrote:Well it happens on ALL videos I try to play, be they movies, tv shows or DVD's, the file format doesnt make a difference either, it does the same with normal formats as well as MKV's and ISO's.

I'll check out the logs and if that doesnt shed any light (I didnt know there were logs to check) I shall post the results here.

Thanks

Alex.

again, pastebin xbmc.log, see http://www.pastebin.com.
I think i have a similar problem, but in my case video is accelerated with all videos i've played.
amd x2 4000
GeForce 8600gt
2gig ram

xbmc.log:
http://pastebin.com/m19eb0dc0