Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: C:/xboxdash.xbe doesn't go to original Xbox dashboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I access this from the file manager, it goes blank. I'm trying to get to the original dashboard so that I can change around my network encryption settings..... unless there is another way to do this. I'm wanting to switch to WPA and dump WEP, which I think I set up prior to my XBox getting modded. Unless someone knows where else I can access this?? Or if someone has any better ideas?? If I reset my Xbox adapter, I'm not sure I'll get anything without setting it up.
Not that your question has much to do with XBMC, but how is your console modified?

Many older softmods effectively disable the original MS dash (as they are literally a hacked copy of that same program).
I'm not sure as someone else did it for me. I didn't know enough at the time to ask if it would be possible. (Not sure this is an off-topic discussion.... maybe more related to hardware since my interest is in how to configure my network adapter in light of my question).
If your boot sequence looks exactly like this, then very likely you have a softmod.

In this case, you could hunt down a CASH 1.1 image and boot the console off that, in order to upgrade your mod to NDure.

This will create a virtual C partition on the console (hiding the "true" C partition which holds the softmod), into which you can dump a fresh, unmodified MS dash.
There is a wireless adapter that the xbox controls? I thought all wireless adapters for XBOX are just wireless to ethernet bridges...