Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: back to having r21xxxM on my *nix builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No idea why but all of a sudden yesterday the *nix builds are showing the dreaded M again. I've changed nothing on my end, and yes I do the build reallyclean every build.

Any reason why the "modified" would be showing up again?

OS X

And Linux

Doesn't seem to happen on Win32 or XBOX

Craig
40 "reads" and not "1" reply Sad
hehe, that's because we don't know why this has returned Smile
Smile
Just run "svn revert -R *" between each platform's build. I'd imagine something silly like the vcproj file is getting modified.
It's the *nix builds, not the win32 one.
jmarshall Wrote:It's the *nix builds, not the win32 one.

Aye this is JUST the *nix build doing this.

Here is my Linux build command

svn up && echo "Y" >temp_input_file && make reallyclean < temp_input_file && svn revert -R * && cp ../mybuild.sh ./ && autoconf && ./configure && make && ./mybuild.sh NOUPDATE NOCOMPILE NOCLEAN NOCONFIG && cp BUILD/xbmc.bin ./ && checkinstall -D --install=yes -y --pkgname=xbmc --pkgversion=21650 --pakdir=/devel/XBMC [email protected] --nodoc --strip=yes --stripso=yes --provides=xbmc && rar a -r -m5 /devel/XBMC_Linux_21650.rar xbmc*.deb

And here is my OS X build command

svn up && echo "Y" > temp_input_file && make reallyclean < temp_input_file && svn revert -R * && autoconf && ./configure && export XBMC_HOME=`pwd` && make xcode_depends && xcodebuild -sdk macosx10.4 -project XBMC.xcodeproj -target XBMC.app -configuration Debug build && cd tools/PackageMaker && ./dmgmaker.pl ../../build/Debug/XBMC.app && cd /users/craig/XBMC/tools/PackageMaker/dist && tar -czf ./XBMC_OSX_21650.tgz XBMC.dmg && md5 -q XBMC_OSX_21650.tgz > /users/craig/xbmc/md5.txt && mv *.tgz /users/craig/xbmc

so you see I already AM doing svn revert -R

By all rights these should be as clean as possible with no way of a modified build Sad
Next time it happens, do an "svn st -q" and pastebin the output.
it just happened tonight again.
no need for pastebin lol its one line

root@Moya:/devel/XBMC# svn st -q
M configure

something is modifying the "configure" file?
You have autoconf in the buildline, could probably trigger a Modified.
Tomorrow's er I mean tonight's build I'll try without, but it never did it before. Something changed in the last 4 or 5 days that triggered it. Sigh. I'm not so worried about it, but I was told by a dev that it might cause issues with GPL 2, except that it states only that the source code must be made available and I'm willing to do that if asked by anyone FOR the source code, but I highly doubt that will ever be the case Smile
Right, missed that. You have no need to run autoconf.
roger will remove the autoconf and see what happens.

Thanks
Run svn st -q again and figure out WTH is getting modified...
sh-3.2# svn st -q
M xbmc/cores/paplayer/MPCCodec/include/config.h.in
sh-3.2#
Pages: 1 2