Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Error when trying to use Transparency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my MC I have put the skin in the skin folders and it works. When I have put it in my other two computers it says "only Version 2.10 and higher supported" and it is greyed out and not working. I looked in the XML file and the version says 2.11 for Transparency.
I am using XBMC updated on the 8th of July and I just downloaded Transparency this morning. (11 July)
The computer it works on is running XP, while the others are running XP Home, and Vista respectively.
I would appreciate any help if others have had this problem and I didn't see it while skimming the threads here.
Thanks
The same thing happened to me once. I just deleted the files, redownloaded them and installed the plugin again. Perhaps its due to corrupt files, I'm not sure.
Okay, I will try that then.

Thanks
Hmmm... No, I updated XBMC today and still this skin only works on one computer. I was really hoping I could get it to work on my touchscreen as it was a nice clean design and seemed it would work nicely on it.
Any other ideas?
i have no clue what could be wrong....
double-check if you've installed Transparency! in the correct folder and if no files are missing.

if the problem doesn't go away, enable debug-logging and check the log entries when you try to switch skins.
are you sure you aint got the skins files in two folders.
After extraction the folder you get should be something like Transparency/720p media sounds skin.xml etc etc if however its like this. Transparency/transparency/720p media sounds skin.xml then you need to move the lower cased transparency folder into the root of the skins folder for it to work. if you understand what i meanWink
Yep, that was the problem. Transparency!/transparency!/...

I took it out of the first folder and now it works fine. I figured it had to be something I was doing.

Thanks alot. Now I will see how it works with touchscreen.
let me know if you can bring up the hidden left menu on the touchscreen.
you'll have to touch the utter left side of the screen.
the width of the area that triggers the side menu is only 1 px so i wonder if it'll work.
Well, I didn't get it to show up on my touchscreen. I do have it on all my other comps running XBMC. I will try to figure it out tomorrow or the next day depending on how long it takes me to get the XBMC iPhone remote working on all comps. It seems I have problems getting all my machines doing the same thing no matter what it is.