Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiplex Perfvormance Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I'm not sure if this is a general XBMC issue or an Aeon issue, but any help would be much appreciated.

A couple nights ago I organized my whole movie collection with Ember Media Manager and then cleaned my XBMC Library and re-scanned the movie folder.

I'm experiencing two issues now:

1) When in Multiplex View it takes a long time to load the movie information. I'll highlight a movie, and after about 5-10 seconds the second window with the plot, extrathumbs, etc will pop up.

2) (more of an XBMC issues I'd assume?) A good portion (maybe 1/5th) of my movies are not showing the DVD cover after I organized it with EMM. I'm not sure if there is a limit on the size you can have for the DVD covers? I did try to snag the largest pictures I could find (some 1000x1500).

Let me know if I left out any pertinent information or if you have any idea what I could have done wrong. =P

Thanks,
Wintermute
wintermut3 Wrote:Hey there,

I'm not sure if this is a general XBMC issue or an Aeon issue, but any help would be much appreciated.

A couple nights ago I organized my whole movie collection with Ember Media Manager and then cleaned my XBMC Library and re-scanned the movie folder.

I'm experiencing two issues now:

1) When in Multiplex View it takes a long time to load the movie information. I'll highlight a movie, and after about 5-10 seconds the second window with the plot, extrathumbs, etc will pop up.

2) (more of an XBMC issues I'd assume?) A good portion (maybe 1/5th) of my movies are not showing the DVD cover after I organized it with EMM. I'm not sure if there is a limit on the size you can have for the DVD covers? I did try to snag the largest pictures I could find (some 1000x1500).

Let me know if I left out any pertinent information or if you have any idea what I could have done wrong. =P

Thanks,
Wintermute
You will need to post a full debug log and your system specs before anybody will be able to offer assistance.
Ah-hah! I knew I was forgetting something important. =D Here is a fresh debug log after starting XBMC and attempting to load the information from a couple movies in Multiplex View:

http://pastebin.com/m4c712686

My stats on my media center are:
MOBO: P5N7A-VM (Geforce 9300)
CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR2 (PC2-6400)
Storage: Four 1.5TB External Seagate XTreme Drives, One Internal 1TB Caviar Green.
XBMC: Nightly Build (current as of last night)
AEON: Current Git-Hub Release

Please let me know if I left anything else out. Thanks again for the help.
Just in case anyone else has this problem, here was my solution.

It was an issue with the size of the Fanart/DVD Covers.

From the Wiki:

Quote: File Properties of FanArt

All FanArt files must be in JPG format. The resolution must be either 1920x1080 or 1280x720. Compression artifacts in don't appear in most JPG images if the compression is set to 70% or higher. As a result, we've set file size limits to persuade people to compress their fan art. These limits are 800k for 1920x1080 images and 600k for 1280x720. These limits will be adjusted upward if necessary. If you cannot compress your fan art to fit these limits without artifacting, please post a message on our forums with a link to the image.

Quote: Custom Thumbnails

You can easily create your very own user-defined thumbnails on your computer with image tools like Adobe PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro (or even Paint in Windows). You can alternativly downloaded thumbnails that others have created from the internet (from places like ChokeManiac.net, xbox-skins.net, MediaIcons.org, and many XBMC fan forums). Then you simply have to rename those thumbnails and transfer/copy them to the right location and XBMC will display them. Use JPG or PNG (with transparancy) image-format, and size of the picture to anything from 128x128 to 256x256 in pixel size, (the larger the image is the better it will look on a good display but at the same time large thumbnails loads slower). On a non-HDTV displays a image that is approx 100x140 is recomended for video/movies thumbnails (which is the size that is most common on IMDb), and approx 75x75 for music-albums (which is the default size on allmusic.com). For 720p/1080i HDTV displays a size of approx 182x256 for video/movies thumbnails, and approx 200x200 for music-albums (such music-albums can be found on allmusic.com).
The wrong file format should usually not cause a 5-10 sec delay of the movie information (also with 1080p thumbs it will not load so long)... do you maybe had the info setting on "auto"? If yes, you have your answer because with auto the info panel pops up after 3-4s. Turn it to on and you'll have it instantly.