Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC] Can XBMC for Mac handle NEF picture format?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It cannot seem to generate thumbnails for them, you either get a generic icon or like the picture below:

I tried regenerating icons with no luck

http://pastebin.com/m694583f2
No hang on, it don't appear to like any formats, JPGs also get distorted like this.
That's the new, soon to be patented "Rainbow thumbs" feature, set to brighten up peoples lives over the summer (for those in the northern hemisphere). Pretty cool, aye?

Seriously though, it's complaining about corrupt data, so I presume it just doesn't support that particular format all that well.

I presume it also does the same thing when you click on 'em to view them?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Nope they look perfect when you actually select them.
Hmm, that's most strange then, given that it's the exact same code.

Perhaps you could supply an example picture that always fails so that others can reproduce?

Cheers,
Jonathan
I'll have a look when I get home. I am sure I have one of me naked in the bath you can all play with :/0
Right here we go then, I was kind and did not make it a naked picture of me.

http://www.academydeli.co.uk/test.NEF.zip
Works fine on win32. Will email myself a reminder to test on OS X this evening.

Nice photo Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
fyi, I read the thread and was curious to see if it worked for me and the thumb shows up on the xbox using r21689. i know it's not a Mac, but i wanted to say cute kid garyi.
Works fine from OS X as well (It read it directly out of the zip even).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Could this be related to it taking off a network volume?

I tried in PMD as well and in there it simply has black icons. In Stark I get the rainbow pictures.

Bit lost as to what to do then.
Try a newer build, might be something that has already been fixed (think jmarshall is running a fresh compiled one)
I'll look again last time I looked at the builds it said OSX unavailable
Right went to the new build and no luck.

One thing though JPGs work fine. I do not think individual files as I have linked to are an issue, its when there is a folder with undreds in that it goes tits up.

I converted one set to JPGs and it works flawlessly, this is going to be a pain in the arse but not the end of the world.
If they're already cached bad, then they'll already show bad. Clear out your Thumbnails/Pictures folder to re-cache them.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Pages: 1 2