Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV (Internet Protocol TeleVision) support in XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello XBMC community.
I've been searching on topic but found nothing i can use to be able to watch my IPTV provider channels through xbmc. I can play the content using VLC player and a playlist which contains several ip adresses and the port to connect to he multicast stream. Is there a possibility to use XBMC as the set top box replacement?
Thanks.
Create a strm file with the udp multicast group and port udp://@239.100.200.100:1234

that should work
I understand what youre trying to say but i can't find the option to create a strm file. Can you be a little more specific on how to?
Thanks for your time.
Nevermind, i figured it out. Smile Works, and thanks a lot.
I think the TVheadend-solution would work as well, it supports IP-tv, havent tried it yet though, will next week Smile
hello, i'm using IPTV at home and it works fine but one thing annoys me:

It buffers/caches so much Confused

how can i turn the cache function off? because when i view IPTV with the VLC-Player, the switching from one channel to another needs about 1 second, under XBMC 4 seconds.
JubJub Wrote:I think the TVheadend-solution would work as well, it supports IP-tv, havent tried it yet though, will next week Smile

Can you be a little more specific? I cant find anything searching for TVheadend.
hey,

I'm compiling XBMC in Visual Studio Express 2008 under Windows XP SP2, Windows Firewall OFF
I work with the latest SVN (04.09.2009 14:45).
Compiling and Debugging works fine =)

Even the dvdplayer works on movie files (.avi) normal.

BUT!!! when i try to play an IPTV Stream (f.e. udp://@224.1.1.10:31000 ) in an .m3u file or an .strm File it just wont work Eek
The IPTV Stream works defenitely (tested with VLC Player)

When i download XBMC compiled from xbmc.org the IPTV playback works!!!

Error.log on pastebin.ubuntu.com

One Error line says that it cant be played because of "CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file udp://@224.1.1.13:30130"
someone got an idea how to fix that?

By the way: I'm trying to fix the problem why the switching from one channel to another needs so long with IPTV

greetings, philipp
don't cut logs. and in particular don'tt spam the forums with inline logs.
ok, but how else should i post a log-file?
pastebin.ubuntu.com for instance
ok, thanks spiff
i replaced it in the start-post
Code:
<playercorefactory>
   <rules name="user defined">
    <rule name="udp" protocol="udp" player="DVDPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

try stuffing this in your userdata and name it playercorefactory.xml
thanks, but i'm afraid it didn't work
i stuffed it in XBMC-SVN-Directory/userdata/playercorefactory.xml

but xbmc found another way to drive me nuts, there is no error.log anymore Rolleyes (even when i start without the playercorefactory.xml)
unless you're running with -p it's storing things in docs&settings, not the svn dir (including logs and userdata)
Pages: 1 2 3 4