Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@seaweeduk: deactivate and activate the web server. XBMCs webserver requires a password from the client (the remote), gets none and requires a password again. Deactivating and activating fixes this. It seems like this is a XBMC issue.
the_alien Wrote:@seaweeduk: deactivate and activate the web server. XBMCs webserver requires a password from the client (the remote), gets none and requires a password again. Deactivating and activating fixes this. It seems like this is a XBMC issue.

Everything seems to be working today, not really sure what sorted the issue in the end it was either restarting the web server or re-entering the password into the remote settings, thanks for the help and updates everyone

Love the app anyway no further problems at all Big Grin I'm in the process of getting eclipse set up so hopefully I can contribute some code soon.
If you have any problems feel free to contact me in #xbmc or #xbmc-linux on freenode.
Hi, great app however the remote doesn't work for samsung galaxy phones. I'd be more than happy to help with fixing any problems.
uksparky Wrote:Hi, great app however the remote doesn't work for samsung galaxy phones. I'd be more than happy to help with fixing any problems.

Can you please submit an issue ticket and explain what you did and what's happening? "Doesn't work" won't help us much and obviously we're not gonna buy a Galaxy phone just for testing. Wink
Apologies for that i was in a bit of a rush. I've submitted an issue ticket #15
uksparky Wrote:Hi, great app however the remote doesn't work for samsung galaxy phones. I'd be more than happy to help with fixing any problems.

Also make sure you have enabled it all in XBMC aswell, so EventServer is reachable outside of localhost. (Settings somewere).

xbmc.log is probably helpfull on the ticket aswell.
Hi all observed the following today after wiping and updating to cyanogen 4.1.99, just wanted to post in case any one else had a similar problem.

Bleeding edge version would force close when it opened every time, installed the stable version and entered all the correct settings then upgraded to bleeding edge to end the crashes.
seaweeduk Wrote:Bleeding edge version would force close when it opened every time, installed the stable version and entered all the correct settings then upgraded to bleeding edge to end the crashes.

I've also had exactly the same problem and installing 0.3.5.1 then 0.4.1 fixed the crashes, I'm using MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.5.1 .
You don't have the log from the crash, do you?
Okay there has been major work done. Looking at the screenshots somme ppl will probably recognize the tab style. Yeah that's borrowed from the HTC Sense UI. They work pretty much the same, with some minor bugs still hanging though (works on any phone btw, the code is rewritten from scratch).

Image Image
Firstly, there's a new remote control.

Then most changes got the music library. Apart from search functions and some missing artwork everything should be there:

Image Image Image
Obviously album browse is there, be aware that the app can still crash during first time download of the covers. This is a known issue and is being worked on.
Artists view scrolls smoothely btw Smile
File mode is a little pimped up with icons but there will probably more functions like queue a whole folder, etc.

Image Image Image
When you select a genre, you're able to browse all albums of that genre, all artists and obviously all songs. You also have some nice queue options.

Image Image
After selecting an artist, you can see albums and songs of that artist.

You can download the apk as usual at the Google Code page. Please submit bugs to the issue tracker. Otherwise feedback is welcome here.
Please all help reporting bugs since we are closing the possibility to put this on the market!

Don't forget to enjoy the media though Wink
I just posted some interesting findings regarding issue 14 on the project site.
Seems like there's some ambiguity about how GetThumbFileName (HttpAPI) should be used, but it's in the middle of the night and I can't decide if a bug report for XBMC (or at least the documentation) is in order...
@topfs2: You being on the xbmc dev team, do you have any wise words on that aspect?

:O) Mikkle
Really nice. The new UI looks amazing. One thing I noticed is that the "TV" button in landscape remote doesn't do anything for me. What should it do?

Do you plan on integrating the video library just like the music library. That would be so awesome!!!

Are you guys looking for translations before you enter the market? I could help out with the German translation if you'd like.