Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You're saying that XBMC is freezing? When you do what exactly?

@seaweeduk: How many albums are in your library?

@Ibsta, StarChild, seaweeduk: You all using the Xbox?
freezy Wrote:You're saying that XBMC is freezing? When you do what exactly?

I'm using
Windows 7 64-bit
XBMC pre-9.10 r23658-gl
XBMC remote 0.5.2
HTC Magic with Android 1.5

My XBMC on the PC freezes when I enter "Listen to Music" in the remote. And I get Socket Timeout in the remote.
Debugg log http://pastebin.com/m757c9ae5
Entering "Music" in the webserver works fine on my web browser.
StarChild Wrote:... and XBMC freezes.
And the remote crash when someone calls Smile
//StarChild
HTC Magic Android 1.5

Just uploaded a patch fixing the incoming voice call crashes to issue 26

:O) Mikkle
Hey Freezy. In response to your qs

I am using XBMC 8.10
which is running on a win XP box

The bug only seems to occur in the default mode for viewing music Music (album cover mode?). hope it helps

cheers
oh ye and on the client side i am using a HTC magic G2. Android v 1.5 i believe.
mikkle Wrote:Just uploaded a patch fixing the incoming voice call crashes to issue 26

Thanks, it's in SVN. I'll release a new build soon, then you guys can test if it helped Smile
Code looked good though.
freezy Wrote:You're saying that XBMC is freezing? When you do what exactly?

1054 albums, 70 gigs or music most of it mp3 some in FLAC and yeah all problems reported are using my XBOX.

I loaded XBMC onto a PC earlier for testing and the remote was able to access my whole library (although a copy of my music library was present on this PC rather than being accessed over SMB).
Anyone else see this behaviour? I've been noticing it on my phone in past versions too but only just realised what was causing it.

- Open the remote
- Scroll down on the trackball
- As well as registering these down clicks the whole UI will move down by about 10-20 pixels and stay static there until you leave the remote view and enter it again.

Just a small bug but I have noticed it on every version of the remote on my G1.
New version. Changes:

Fixed: Song covers should now be displayed where available
Fixed: Crash on incoming calls (thanks Mikkle)
Fixed: Play and Queue do it correctly now, not just the first song.

Download v0.5.3

I also added a Screenshot Gallery and Install Instructions. Please everyone with problem make sure you set it up correctly.
StarChild and Ibsta, please open an issue on the Google Code page so we can keep track of your problems.
seaweeduk Wrote:1054 albums, 70 gigs or music most of it mp3 some in FLAC and yeah all problems reported are using my XBOX.

I loaded XBMC onto a PC earlier for testing and the remote was able to access my whole library (although a copy of my music library was present on this PC rather than being accessed over SMB).

Okay that's a little more than I can test with here. To me it looks like the querys on the Xbox take longer than the HTTP socket timeout.
freezy Wrote:Okay that's a little more than I can test with here. To me it looks like the querys on the Xbox take longer than the HTTP socket timeout.

Is there anyway the HTTP socket timeout can be increased or an option can be put in for original xbox users to change the timeout period? I definitely agree with you I think there's nothing wrong with the queries themselves just takes the old xbox a little while to answer them.
mikkle Wrote:Just uploaded a patch fixing the incoming voice call crashes to issue 26

Great!
seaweeduk Wrote:Anyone else see this behaviour? I've been noticing it on my phone in past versions too but only just realised what was causing it.

- Open the remote
- Scroll down on the trackball
- As well as registering these down clicks the whole UI will move down by about 10-20 pixels and stay static there until you leave the remote view and enter it again.

Just a small bug but I have noticed it on every version of the remote on my G1.

Scroll down where?

@freezy: the remote doesn't try to load all the music albums at once when entering the Music section, does it?
I have this feature on my phone "USB debugging - Debugg mode when USB is connected".
I don't know what it is for, but maybe it could help you with a debug log if I can understand how it works?
By the way are your phones rooted? Maybe there is any limitations in a non rooted phone? Just a thought.

/StarChild
StarChild Wrote:Scroll down where?

@freezy: the remote doesn't try to load all the music albums at once when entering the Music section, does it?

/StarChild

I don't mean scroll down using the on screen buttons I mean open the remote UI and scroll down on the phones trackball, doesn't matter what XBMC is doing at the time seems to always move the entire interface down on my phone as well as registering the scrolling on XBMC.