Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whew!

I just finished reading through 38 pages (plus the 4 pages of the app that kicked off this one) and I have to say ... I'm not happy that I'm at work right now.

I recently got the Sprint HTC Hero and just installed XBMC on my HTPC last night. This morning I was looking for a remote app and saw the Boxee one but it didn't look like it would be very robust so I did a search and turned up fali's thread, which obviously brought me here.

I have to say I'm impressed with the amount of work and communication going on here and I'm excited to try it out. Now I just need to come up with an excuse to leave work early.

Again, kudos to you guys for working so hard.
Thanks and welcome to the forum! Be aware that the piece is still in alpha state. Bug reports are welcomed but use the issue tracker, but having read the whole thread I guess you're already aware of that. Smile
mikkle Wrote:http://developer.android.com/reference/a...nager.html
and
http://developer.android.com/reference/a...eLock.html

:O) Mikkle

I'm still not completely convinced if that's a good idea. I suppose that makes us request another phone permission, and apps which drain the battery are in general not appreciated. Sure, we could add a setting and turn it off by default, but well. Any more words on this?
freezy Wrote:I'm still not completely convinced if that's a good idea. I suppose that makes us request another phone permission, and apps which drain the battery are in general not appreciated. Sure, we could add a setting and turn it off by default, but well. Any more words on this?

Totally agree. Battery eating is evil! Personally I have no use for that feature, but it seems relatively straight-forward to implement, and if - as you say - it's disabled by default, I see no real "danger" in implementing it. Apart from adding complexity and potential bloat, that is.

How about casting votes for the various feature requests? Is that possible in this forum or on the GoogleCode pages?

Fixed: Connection timeout should now be taken account of
Fixed: RAR+ZIP files in file mode would display urlencoded path

Download v0.5.7
Debug logs with 0ms timeout:

App 0.5.7
http://pastebin.ca/1634850

XBMC pre-9.10 r23858
http://pastebin.ca/1634841

About the RAR cleanup it does hide .rar files, but not .r00, .r01-.rxx .

//Chears StarChild
Thanks, StarChild. Sounds like the app has not enough memory to store the complete query return. It was you with the 3000 albums, right?

Will fix the rars as well.
freezy Wrote:Thanks, StarChild. Sounds like the app has not enough memory to store the complete query return. It was you with the 3000 albums, right?

Will fix the rars as well.

Is it possible to fix this problem? Something tells me 8kb stack-size, 1400-1500 views? To recycle views or put it in a cash or something, not download all at one time?

Hi. Yes it's me who have 3000 albums.
Just thinking aloud here...

The Android SDK actually has interfaces for working with sqlite dbs...
Would it be possible to download MyMusic7.db from the xbmc box and store it on the sd card and then do all the queries locally on the phone?
This would remove a lot of load from the xbmc box...

That itself wouldn't solve the mem issues, but wouldn't it be possible to only instantiate/render the albums that are actually visible in the view, and not the whole list? - With a local db, the album views could sort of synchronize the visible albums (via an adapter) with a cursor in the result set of the local query...

@StarChild: Along those lines: What is the actual file size of your MyMusic7.db?

@mikkle: Interesting idea. Care to paste it here?
@mikkle: 23,9MB
StarChild Wrote:About the RAR cleanup it does hide .rar files, but not .r00, .r01-.rxx .

What's the problem? *.rxx display fine here.
@freezy: done. You wan't me to look into how it could be implemented?
@Starchild: thanks, info added to issue#32

@freezy: I read it to fast and I think I totally misunderstood what you wrote Big Grin
So, what does "RAR+ZIP files in file mode would display urlencoded path" mean?

@Mikkle: Be aware of that issue#32 is refer to xbox, and I use Win7.

Is there anyone that want to import the fast-scroll button in Video list to, like the one in the music library?