Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
StarChild Wrote:Ok. At the the top in Android you got a status bar that you can scroll down when grab it and drag it down, right?

What we meant is a "Now Playing : songname"-bar at the bottom in the app, that displays what is playing right now. When you grab the bar and drag it upwards, you shold come to the full-size Now Playing page.

Just let me now if I need to explain it better.

What is ANR? Smile

Sweet Wink

//Regards StarChild

ANR is application not responding, its a dialog that shows when an application is taking too long to respond with a wait or force close option.
Enjoy your vacation by the way freezy :cool2:

I just got back from a couple of days in barcelona myself Smile
@freezy: Like this:
Image Image
StarChild Wrote:@freezy: Like this:

See my comment in the code page for what my original suggestion was for, it's slightly different I would like the now playing menu contained within the music view as a slider the same way "artist/genre" etc are currently.

edit: I understand now, I'm happy with either solution as both would make getting to now playing from the music listings faster and easier
@freezy: Ok, it does give a Force Close, but i doesn't seem that it has something to do with Compilations, it appears a little here and there in the music section.

@seaweeduk: Ok, this is my suggestion then Smile
StarChild Wrote:@freezy: Ok, it does give a Force Close, but i doesn't seem that it has something to do with Compilations, it appears a little here and there in the music section.

@seaweeduk: Ok, this is my suggestion then Smile

If you can catch it force closing whilst connected with the debugger post a log
seaweeduk Wrote:If you can catch it force closing whilst connected with the debugger post a log
Sure
With this log I got two messages:
"Exception - [Ljava.lang.StachTraceElement;
@43b7cb58" [Close]
and
"Sorry! - The application XBMC Remote (process org.xbmc.android.remote) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" [Force close]

http://pastebin.ca/1638900
freezy Wrote:Yeah, as topfs2 pointed out, porting applications to another platforms and other hardware is not just a matter of "recompiling the app".
That's what I feared.

On a second thought, it's unfair. There's two great apps for iPhone, this one for Android and not a single working solution for WM... Bah, I will have to live with my Logitech Cordless NumPad as a remote for some more time...
Cheers
Halibutt: Get yourself an Android phone and be happy Wink (on some WM devices like HTC Touch Pro you can run Android from your SD card)
StarChild Wrote:@freezy: Like this:
Image Image
Loving the idea, looking into it right now and I think I already found how to do it...
Sorry guys, won't do it. It overloads the UI, and honestly the information is not as substantial as that. You hear what's playing, do you? There will be a menu for fast access and that's it.
freezy Wrote:Sorry guys, won't do it. It overloads the UI, and honestly the information is not as substantial as that. You hear what's playing, do you? There will be a menu for fast access and that's it.

Up to you guys but I disagree that it is bad for the UI, navigating between the now playing and music screens is something I do very frequently when using the remote and if the number of button presses required to do this is reduced this is most definitely not a bad thing.

The now playing screen isn't just for seeing the name of the song playing, I use it whenever I have music playing for the music controls and album cover view and whenever I decide I want to listen to something else it currently requires me to press the back button and then navigate all the way through my music folders again to select another album which is a large number of user interactions.

Likewise if I am looking at some music I decide to play an album for a couple of tracks and I then want to navigate to something else I have to press back a number of times again and navigate through the music view all over again.

If the now playing screen was integrated with the slider views or as StarChild has suggested not only would the number of interactions needed to reach it be reduced to one, but also you would be able to return to the artist/albums view without loosing your previous position making things overall much more friendly to the user.

Having the now playing screen on the main menu doesn't really make that much sense anyway, when are you going to want to ever look at it if you haven't started some media playing first in the music or video views anyway?
But you've noticed, that you can quickaccess the Now Playing screen through the menu, right? Then you have to do 2 clicks to get to Now Playing and 1 click to get back.
the_alien Wrote:But you've noticed, that you can quickaccess the Now Playing screen through the menu, right? Then you have to do 2 clicks to get to Now Playing and 1 click to get back.

Pressing menu on the songs/artist/genres listings does nothing for me (only works from remote control), this would indeed be acceptable if I was able to do so currently I have to press back twice and then select now playing which means navigating through my music again every time I leave now playing.
It's on the issue list to get all context menus on all screens right. Smile