Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using XBMC pre-9.10 r24195 on Windows 7 64bit. Also, I'm NOT using portable mode of XBMC.
@Batemann/welly_59: Can either of you get me a log for your connection timeouts and paste them (or the pastebin URL) here?

The log you can either obtain by using the SendLog app from Android Market, or downloading the Android SDK, there you have under /tools a ddms.bat, which will show you the log (more comfortable IMO).

@ccMatrix: Weird. Maybe portable mode makes the difference but I somehow doubt it. I'll get back to you..
............wrong log attached, will put right one up in a minute
that is when i initially try and connect to xbmc using the remote
http://pastebin.ca/1657037

this is me trying to view a list of my videos

log is also uploaded to the link you posted
@ccMatrix: All cash isn't removed when you uninstall the app.
StarChild, it is named "CACHE"... *SCNR* Wink
oops, Im glad you understood anyway Smile
I notice one thing. the app connects to XBMC before I hit 'connect'...
XBMC shows a message that the app is connected before I hit connect in the app Smile

EDIT: Is is possible to remember the views in music when exiting music? So it doesn't need to load the hole library again when entering music the second time?
EDIT2: Sorry, forgot to say nice work with all the latest bugfixes, keep it up!

Cheers
Heres an odd one for you.

I just updated my Rom to CM-4.2.3.1 and I used to run CM-3.6.5. For those of you that don't know that means I went from 1.5 to 1.6.

Now when I use my phone and hang up I've been getting a XMBC Remote failure. I'm not sure what is going on, but I thought it was bizarre that I would hang up my phone and get an Force Closure mentioning the app. I will try and reinstall it this evening and try again.

Odd thing was I wasn't on Wifi and I wasn't actively using the app. I'm sure it might of been in the resident memory as one of the last apps I've used, but who knows. Wink
Ticket please. Sounds like a serious bug.
kizer Wrote:when I use my phone and hang up I've been getting a XBMC Remote failure. I'm not sure what is going on, but I thought it was bizarre that I would hang up my phone and get an Force Closure mentioning the app. I will try and reinstall it this evening and try again.
When you are finished using XBMC Remote, did you choose the 'Quit' option from the main page or just press 'Home' or similar to get out?

I assume pressing 'Quit' will terminate the application whereas pressing 'Home' will leave it running resident in memory. Android applications are supposed to work this second way, as Android will -- eventually -- stop the application itself by storing the state in memory and ending it, once it's unused.

How long after you finished did you receive the first call(s)?

Since I'm not an active developer of XBMC Remote this is mostly just speculation.
kizer Wrote:Heres an odd one for you.

I just updated my Rom to CM-4.2.3.1 and I used to run CM-3.6.5. For those of you that don't know that means I went from 1.5 to 1.6.

Now when I use my phone and hang up I've been getting a XBMC Remote failure. I'm not sure what is going on, but I thought it was bizarre that I would hang up my phone and get an Force Closure mentioning the app. I will try and reinstall it this evening and try again.

Odd thing was I wasn't on Wifi and I wasn't actively using the app. I'm sure it might of been in the resident memory as one of the last apps I've used, but who knows. Wink

Confirmed. If you could upload a crashlog, it would help lots.
...Now when I use my phone and hang up I've been getting a XBMC Remote failure...

YA NPE in BroadcastReceiver (the component that handles incoming calls).
With a bit of luck (@wrok) I'll commit a fix within a couple of hours...

:O) Mikkle
... Now when I use my phone and hang up I've been getting a XBMC Remote failure.

Acknowledged, verifed, Fixed in svn rev #256

:O) Mikkle