Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is is possible to remember the views in music when exiting music? So it doesn't need to load the hole library again when entering music the second time?
Kann you make this usecase clearer? If I switch from the lib to the Now Playing screen and back it is on the exact same Album without reloading anything.
I think he meant when going back to home screen and then again forward to music lib, the albums and everything else is reloaded. Open a ticket for that StarChild.
Yep, I meant like freezy said. I have opened ticket 72 for that.

Another thing, issue 40 was closed, but the problem remains in 0.5.13, is that what was fixed in r252?
I just got my Android phone, and I have seen the really nice XBMC remote for iPhone. But I cant find that in Market, only a version with 4 arrows and one X.

But i also know that I cant access the apps that are "pay apps" and thats why I ask this..

(I ask this before I read the thread. =) )

/Söder
@soder: It's still in Alpha stage, thats why its not in the Market yet.
First post you read? There's like a huge download link.

StarChild: Reopened the issue.
Just enable unkown sources in applications and download as freezy said, the link on the first page.

GLHF Smile
mikkle Wrote:Acknowledged, verifed, Fixed in svn rev #256

:O) Mikkle

Thanks, I'll see if I can break it again and try and remember the steps I took and try and shut it down cleanly as well.

Do I sound like a complete moron if I was to say I don't even know how to download SVN files. Confused
SVN is a versioning system we are using. If you want to check out our sources just go ahead and get a subversion client like turtoise (or so Wink).
If you break the app a log would always be a great help!
There goes the daily build:

Added: Some more "Playlist screen" logic and brush ups
Fixed: Covers should now be fetched (ccMatrix: Feedback please)
Fixed: Crash when someone called on 1.6
Fixed: The multiple connection timeouts some of you have should be fixed.

Download v0.5.14

As always, feedback to any of those issues is welcomed here, suggestions and other bugfixes go to the tracker. Enjoy!
freezy Wrote:There goes the daily build:

Added: Some more "Playlist screen" logic and brush ups
Fixed: Covers should now be fetched (ccMatrix: Feedback please)
Fixed: Crash when someone called on 1.6
Fixed: The multiple connection timeouts some of you have should be fixed.

Download v0.5.14

As always, feedback to any of those issues is welcomed here, suggestions and other bugfixes go to the tracker. Enjoy!

Looks good. It is slowly but steadily loading all cover images. Thanks!

One thing I noticed: When I start the app without WLAN, I get the message "Socket Timeout - Make sure XBMC webserver is enabled and XBMC is running" with Settings and Close button. When I click close it showes a dialog saying "Internal Error - Wrong data from HTTP API; expected 'OK', got ''.". If I close that dialog the Socket Timeout dialog shows up again and a Close then really closes the dialog and shows the main menu with the 2 items (remote control and connect).

Maybe the remote could instead of displaying these dialogs just populate the main menu with the options "use as remote control", "change settings", "enable WLAN" and "try again to connect". Especially the "Enable wlan" option would be very helpful since I cannot connect to my machine otherwise. And having them as menu options would make more options available instead of the 2 buttons in the current dialog.
Yeah there are tickets for all that. Will be taken care of in the next few days. Have fun playing around Smile
Forgot to check the tickets first (sorry).

One other thing: It now loads the album covers in Album view, but when I select an album the song list shows just the red circle album image. Is this the intended way ?
Thanx for the build freezy!

I was thinking about the debug log. It is quite hard to a normal user to know how to produce a debug log. So I have a suggestion.
If the app had a debug button in the settings. And that button would obviously enable debug logging. Then when an error accour it would send the log to an an website on the internet threw the wifi. To avoid spam on that website make clear, by a popup, to the user to turn it off when the user have provoked the issue. And maybe also build two builds to avoid spam, one with debug logging and one without. That way you can also see what problem occurs most frequently. It will tho acquire lots of work I guess to get it working.

Another more easily suggestion that hit me when I wrote the suggestion above was just a debug button that outputted a log to the sd card. Probably more sane to Smile

What do you think about that?

//Cheers StarChild