Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Other thoughts that poped up. The new XBMC isn't allowing to change the port number for the event server, at least not in the gui. So maybe thats not needed in the app settings anymore?
And why is the 'remote control' showing in the home menu when the app isn't connected? Is there any idea of using it just as a remote without the web server part? Is someone using it like this?

Regards StarChild
StarChild Wrote:Other thoughts that poped up. The new XBMC isn't allowing to change the port number for the event server, at least not in the gui. So maybe thats not needed in the app settings anymore?
And why is the 'remote control' showing in the home menu when the app isn't connected? Is there any idea of using it just as a remote without the web server part? Is someone using it like this?

Regards StarChild

Reson for having remote without being connected is because EventServer doesn't need webserver to function, and eventserver doesn't give any information if it's available or not. Think eventserver like IR you don't know if it's there so all you can do is fire at it Smile

This is ofcourse intended to be changed abit at some point.
I am super new to XBMC(less than a week). I had been using Xlobby for about a year b4 I tried XBMC. XBMC freaking rocks!!! This app makes it all the better. Thank you for all the hard work.

On a side note, does anyone know of an app that will run on another pc that has a touchscreen friendly interface similar to this one?

Thanks
I just got my Motorola Droid today and I'm testing out this app. Big Grin
quake101 Wrote:I just got my Motorola Droid today and I'm testing out this app. Big Grin

How to make me hate you... tell me you got your Droid... Stare

Big Grin
StarChild Wrote:@soder: It's still in Alpha stage, thats why its not in the Market yet.

Ok. But is this the same app as for iPhone? Ported to Android? Will it work with album art and library mode and all that stuff?

/Söder
soder Wrote:Ok. But is this the same app as for iPhone? Ported to Android? Will it work with album art and library mode and all that stuff?

/Söder

No, you can't just port an application from the iPhone to Android. It is a standalone project.
And yes, it handles music library including cover art.
Why don't you go ahead and download it and give it a try Smile
i am no longer getting socket timeouts with version 5.14. all fixed by the looks of it Smile
It seems most of the features on this app doesn't work for me. Play/Pause/Next/etc doesn't work, if I use the menu button and select video or music, I can start something but all the "remote" features are not working. What do you guys need from me to help debug?
@quake101:
Nothing, just setup your XBMC right, have a look here
the_alien Wrote:How to make me hate you... tell me you got your Droid... Stare

Big Grin

+1 on not fair having the droid. ffs google, GIMMIE ECLAIR! Smile
the_alien Wrote:@quake101:
Nothing, just setup your XBMC right, have a look here

Ahhh, sorry about that...

BTW, Very cool app!
quake101: Any graphical glitches? Droid runs on 800x600, right? Never tested on this resolution before so it would be nice to have some feedback.
this works beautifully on my droid, its super responsive and slick looking, thanks for the hard work
the_alien Wrote:No, you can't just port an application from the iPhone to Android. It is a standalone project.
And yes, it handles music library including cover art.
Why don't you go ahead and download it and give it a try Smile

THAT I could do, but I dont know how. =) I only had the phone for a couple of days, and I haven't "rooted" the phone. Do I have to do that?

EDIT: I did it. =)

/Söder