Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check this: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

I really can't give you any tips because they pretty much changed the whole installation system since 1.6 or so and I didn't reinstall since.
I installed the app in a 2.0 VM. It worked fine when I had notifications turned off, but immediately crashed when I went to the settings and turned on notifications.

I restarted the app, and it crashed immediately upon startup.
By VM you mean the emulator?
freezy Wrote:By VM you mean the emulator?

Correct.
StarChild Wrote:EDIT: Also roll the text in notification bar if its to big. Roll it one and then stop.
Sorry, not possible due to SDK restrictions, there is no scrolling in text views for RemoteView.

Regarding the notifications issue with 2.0 I'll have a look at it. Sounds really strange...
Still downloading the new SDK... One would think Google had more bandwidth than the 100ish KB/s I'm getting :p
freezy Wrote:Still downloading the new SDK... One would think Google had more bandwidth than the 100ish KB/s I'm getting :p

I'm setting up a windows XP VMware VM and will install Eclipse and the SDK once it's finished installing.
I started the remote with the 2.0 emulator and don't have ANY problems with it at all. Don't know what is going wrong with your Droid... a log would be great.
Idem, NewNole2001. Executed it on the 2.0 emulator, runs smoothly (though it makes me want to add support for 1.6+). Any more info from your side? Got Eclipse working? Any more info would be great.
the_alien Wrote:@quake101:
Nothing, just setup your XBMC right, have a look here

thanks for that post! that was the one thing that was also escaping me... everything works great with this app. on my hero, i was wondering how to raise and lower volume and then realized the side buttons on the phone that control ringer volume control xbmc volume as well. only thing i could think of at the moment is a Mute button, but other than that, superb app. Big Grin
freezy Wrote:Idem, NewNole2001. Executed it on the 2.0 emulator, runs smoothly (though it makes me want to add support for 1.6+). Any more info from your side? Got Eclipse working? Any more info would be great.

Could it have something to do with me running the alpha xbmc? It's weird, it's working just fine now. I reenabled notifications.
Also, I'm up and running with eclipse and the sdk 2.0
Yesterday I got an call, and the movie paused and the called was displayed on the TV. (no picture though)

That was pretty cool, but I wasnt running the app? Is that correct?

/Söder
soder Wrote:Yesterday I got an call, and the movie paused and the called was displayed on the TV. (no picture though)

That was pretty cool, but I wasnt running the app? Is that correct?

/Söder

Yeah it is meant to be that way. You can disable it in the settings if you don't want this. But I think it is pretty kewl Wink (not suprising, i made it Big Grin)

Does the contact who called you has a picture on android? Then you discovered a bug.
the_alien Wrote:Yeah it is meant to be that way. You can disable it in the settings if you don't want this. But I think it is pretty kewl Wink (not suprising, i made it Big Grin)

Does the contact who called you has a picture on android? Then you discovered a bug.

yes he had a picture. I then also tried with my home number and didnt got any.

If I tick the boxes in settings, will that prevent the call to pause, and to be displayed?

/Söder