Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
normally powered off as in shutdown from the os.
Ok, strange. I got Marvell Yukon 88E8056 on my motherboard. It work in sleeping mode, but not when powered off. So maybe its just a settings in my BIOS then.

EDIT: Cant really test if it has a link when its powered off. Because I haven't another computer to access my router web page. Android can't login to the router and my PS3 cant display the page right. Confused
I checked my routers physical display. It said that my turned off printer was connected to lan-port 2, but my computer wasn't connected to lan-port 1 when it was powered off.
I've got some trouble the last few days with no connection when I entering Windows. And I did a BIOS update a few days ago to. I will test to flash back the old BIOS and see if that will help.

EDIT: Ok, just found a setting in windows for my NIC that turned the WoL on. Strange that the BIOS WoL setting didn't work. Anyway, It works now. Thanks again for your help, appreciate it!

Regards StarChild
Cool you got it sussed! :-D
What is the world coming to when Windows controls pre-boot behaviour?!

:O) Mikkle
New major version since there are some major changes.

Updated: Support for big screens. This was introduced with Android 1.6, so we had to push up the API target one version. Still, Android 1.5 users shouldn't notice the difference as the minium SDK version is still on 1.5. Specially Droid users are welcomed to test the new hires graphics.
Updated: Some icon art design
Added: Empty lists now display a nice message instead of a black screen.
Added: New setting where you can prevent your phone lock the screen. You can apply it either for remote control only or all screens (or disable it completely)
Added: Menus to single lists.
Added: Unmounted or removed SD card will display a note and not download covers
Added: Wake-on-LAN port configurable through preferences
Fixed: Connection issues on first run
Fixed: Link on about page
Fixed: Multipath issue displaying weird folder names
Fixed: Various other smallish bugs

Download v0.6.0

You'll have to uninstall your current version first (Home screen -> Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> XBMC Remote -> uninstall).

I tested it on 1.6 and 2.0 emulator at 854x480 and it looked pretty great. Wasn't too snappy though. Any word from Droid users? (BTW: Not everything is cleaned up yet, at 854x480 you'll have some hicks on the now playing screen for instance, also the remote control needs to be redone since the aspect ration changed.)

Update: Screenshot gallery is updated, for those poor souls without an Android phone. Wink
Loaded it up on my Droid.

I'm not seeing any rednecks on the Now Playing screen.Angry
NewNole2001 Wrote:Loaded it up on my Droid.

I'm not seeing any rednecks on the Now Playing screen.Angry

English? Meaning everything is working fine? See any difference in terms of resolution?
freezy Wrote:English? Meaning everything is working fine? See any difference in terms of resolution?

Yeah, it's working fine. You said I might see a few "hicks" on the Now Playing screen. Was a joke.

I'll turn on the notification support here in a minute. One thing I've noticed is that this version is doing a much better job of staying connected to XBMC.
NewNole2001 Wrote:I'll turn on the notification support here in a minute. One thing I've noticed is that this version is doing a much better job of staying connected to XBMC.

Yeah, kudos to mikkle for that. Smile
Do you notice any difference at all, resolution-wise? If your "Now playing" screen looks perfect, it probably switched to lowres-mode. Now you have certainly Eclipse installed, can you send a screenshot? You can do that under the DDMS perspective.
What can I say, I just fell in love. all those annoying error messages is completely gone, now it's only the love that is left in this app. You guys did a really good job on this one. Big Grin
No problems at all to report for 0.6 on my G1 so far
Nice work guys Smile
Looking everytime better guys !!

But must report a forced closed.Sad

My xbmc screensaver goes to diashow, if it starts I get forced closed.
Tried pictures and couldn't open the selected picture....Eek
Opened the picture with normal remote....and get forced closed.
Now playing is having issues with pictures, I guess.

And Please make that scrollball less sensitive in the remote function.
Tickets please.
Already there.