Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow great work on the Movie Library, took a while to download all 300 of my covers from the XBOX but now it has everything is working superbly can't find any bugs.
freezy Wrote:Newest version of XBMC or the remote app? XBMC changed quite a few settings lately, so if you updated XBMC, your network settings will probably be reset. Keep that in mind.
On that note, we didn't change anything in the network code. Try, dunno, without password protection already? Then you sure you allowed other computers to connect to XBMC? That setting was renamed for sure.

Batch downloading or on the fly download while browsing?

newest version of remote, i havent touched xbmc
Trench Wrote:First of all, I LOVE the app!! But one problem I have:
the connection of my remote sometimes disappears. And when I try to reconnect it sais: no route to host. I find it a bit strange, because when I browse to the url with firefox, I it is still up and running.

I have to kill the remote app, and also restart the xbmc on my pc a few times to solve this problem. And it isnt fixed after 1 reboot of both apps. It's random... Is this a 'known' bug. Or is this only a problem for me? (btw, I'm starting xbmc with ultramon)

I really hope you can help me.

I have the same issue. I'm connected to XBMC and when the android is idle the wireless turns off, and when I try to reconnect to XBMC i get this message:
Unknown I/O Exception ------ No route to host(I've waited for the wireless to connect to the router again of course).
I'm running XBMC 9.11 beta1 on Ubuntu Karmic Koala, and my android is a HTC Hero, XBMC Remote v0.6.1.
I tried XBMC in win7 and had the same issue there.
freezy Wrote:Do keep your movies in separate folders or all in one folder?

All movies are in one folder smb://mighty/xbmc/Movies

I loaded some movie information views and it looks like the few video images that do show up are the actor images that get loaded while I have a movie information view open.

freezy Wrote:Yeah the buttons are real ugly. Will figure something out.

I'm sure you will make it beautiful. Thank you very much for working on the movies library. This is going to be one of the best and most polished apps for Android!
Thats really a great app!!!

Why don't you put it into the android market? Then more people get to know it (and to know xbmc Smile ) and it is easier to update.

Thanks for your work!!!

Michael
ccMatrix Wrote:All movies are in one folder smb://mighty/xbmc/Movies

I loaded some movie information views and it looks like the few video images that do show up are the actor images that get loaded while I have a movie information view open.

This is a known issue, but unfortunately the fix didn't make it into the latest build. It is fixed in svn, though (if you feel up to building yourself).

:O) Mikkle
@freezy: Actually there is some problem with the latest version. If you start the app before the XBMC. Then start XBMC and press manual connect in the app it doesn't connect. Don't know if its the app 0.6.1 or XBMC r25009.

@welly_59: Try this:
-Be sure that all settings is correct in the app and XBMC.
-Make sure that the app is completely turned off by open the app and exit it with the Exit menu button.
-Start XBMC
-Start App.
Does it working for you now?

Cheers StarChild
StarChild Wrote:@freezy: Actually there is some problem with the latest version. If you start the app before the XBMC. Then start XBMC and press manual connect in the app it doesn't connect. Don't know if its the app 0.6.1 or XBMC r25009.

Confirmed same problem on my XBOX, if you don't start the remote after XBMC has started up it won't connect at all until you exit the app and open it again.
just tried that and it worked first time. will give it a couple of more tries now to see if it wasnt just a one off.

Am having a lot of freezing in the app now though when im viewing the video library. i cant get back to the main screen without getting loads of not responding errors and it asks me to force close or wait. only thing i can do is force close, but instead of the app closing completely it takes me back to the main screen.

am also getting socket timeouts
socket timeouts are now killing me with this app. i connected ok first of all, then had a force close when trying to exit the video library. after that just kept getting socket timeout all the time
welly_59 Wrote:socket timeouts are now killing me with this app. i connected ok first of all, then had a force close when trying to exit the video library. after that just kept getting socket timeout all the time

What do you have the socket timeout set to?

I haven't seen the socket timeout error since the music library was first implemented and I have a very large media collection and very slow XBOX.

I have the timeout set to 30000
@ccMatrix: Try this
seaweeduk Wrote:Confirmed same problem on my XBOX, if you don't start the remote after XBMC has started up it won't connect at all until you exit the app and open it again.

That one should be fixed now :]

:O) Mikkle
Thanx Mikkle!
I have a problem that my Movie library disappears in the phone. I think it has something to do with the combination phone sleeping and playing a video in xbmc. But I cant really reproduce it to get a Debug Log. Has anyone else run into this problem?