Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the_alien Wrote:You can hold the tab button and swipe him completely to the right. No need to click somewhere else first Wink

Nice!

Didn't know i could swipe that.
not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but in movie mode i can't see any of the movies that are in my library unless i go into actor or genre mode...they don't show up in the actual movie list
FragileRock Wrote:not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but in movie mode i can't see any of the movies that are in my library unless i go into actor or genre mode...they don't show up in the actual movie list

Sounds a little bit like something that I've just recently noticed happening once or twice. If I go to the movie list it tells me there's no movies, I wound up resolving it by exiting the remote and starting it up again.

Hadn't yet opened an issue because, as I say, it's happened twice so far, and I'm not sure how to reliably reproduce it.
stibbons Wrote:Sounds a little bit like something that I've just recently noticed happening once or twice. If I go to the movie list it tells me there's no movies, I wound up resolving it by exiting the remote and starting it up again.

Hadn't yet opened an issue because, as I say, it's happened twice so far, and I'm not sure how to reliably reproduce it.
Maybe like this?
StarChild Wrote:Maybe like this?

Hrmn. Same symptoms, but I still can't reproduce it. Weird.
First of all happy new year!

I've installed the remote on my G1. It's awesome!!!
It seems to be that the "playback pause" isn't working when I receive a phone call. On my TV a notification of incoming call + caller ID is displayed but it doesn't pause playback.

What am I doing wrong?

Specs:
T-mobile G1
XBMC 9.11 (Live)
Sorry, it's a small bug in the current version. It will be fixed in the next release. (Already in SVN)
Did anyone figure out why the remote portion of the app isn't working? Nazguller, I have the exact same issue as you, but mine DID work for a couple days, then the only thing I can think of happening that made it stop working was that I got a phone call while using the remote. Since then the remote function hasn't worked at all, even with reinstalling the phone app, resyncing to the server, etc.

I can browse movies/pictures, and start playing them just fine, but can't use the remote feature. Anyone figured this out yet?
There are 2 options why it wont work:
1) Wrong EventServer port in the app.
2) Wrong settings in XBMC...

The remote part in the app really just fires some udp packets at XBMC.
I'll have my Hero Urban Brown tomorrow. Looking forward to this app!
tehl3x Wrote:I can browse movies/pictures, and start playing them just fine, but can't use the remote feature. Anyone figured this out yet?

First off, I just installed this on my Droid. It downloaded all the cover art, etc.
I too can browse and Play movies from that screen but, as soon as I flip over and try to use the remote, I have no control. It is just dead.

I am running the stable version of Remote For Android and running the Camelot version of XBMC on a AppleTV.

I downloaded another XBMC remote app and the remote works fine with that app using the same settings as I have for the remote For Android.
If I can get the remote working this, it will be the most 'mind blowing' (and useful) app on my Droid!
Nod
Thanks!

BTW - in the XBMC network settings, I have the 'allow control from this system' box checked, do I also need to check 'allow control from other systems' also checked? (or, wording is something like that...)
Yes! Your droid is an other system, the remote isn't running on the XBMC system.

Other remotes might just use the HTTP API to send button commands, we use the EventServer. The EventServer doesn't has authorisation -since it is UDP- and therefor there is an extra option to let other control XBMC.
JDizzy Wrote:BTW - in the XBMC network settings, I have the 'allow control from this system' box checked, do I also need to check 'allow control from other systems' also checked? (or, wording is something like that...)
Yes.
the_alien Wrote:Yes! Your droid is an other system, the remote isn't running on the XBMC system.

Other remotes might just use the HTTP API to send button commands, we use the EventServer. The EventServer doesn't has authorisation -since it is UDP- and therefor there is an extra option to let other control XBMC.

Great! I will give this a try when I get back to that computer.

Lastly, If I want to use this remotely, browse movies, see if something is being played on XBMC, will it work right out of the box, or are there different settings involved? (I read something on port fowarding to allow this in an earlier message).
You need portforwarding if you want to control your XBMC without WiFi being connected to your LAN.