Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awesome! Can't wait for a new release. Love this application. Keep up the good work guys!!!
I've got an idea and I think you'll like it-

What if you had an option to lock the accelerometer? I like the landscape mode best, and not having it switch between the two could help me lazily touch the screen when its on the coffee table.

A simple addition in the settings would go a long way.
I also thought that this projekt was over... but gladly noticed that it's not. I really need it on my Nexus One =)
Using this on a verizon droid aiming at my mac mini running 9.11. Every option is enabled in network settings. Even played with a password vs no password. Made sure login was in capitals too. Not once has this app connected. Nor the previous version. I have an ipod touch that connects every time with both the XBMC Vmote app and Xmote app. Oh and I am using version 0.6.3 and yes wifi is enabled. No firewalls or filtering taking place on the router either. I am running a wds network with Apple Airport Extreme and Airport express with the express handling dhcp. As the other apps do connect I figured its not an issue.

Please let me know if I can provide any other info
quotaholic
Just try to kill the process and start XBMCremote again.
The application looks amazing. But how can you use HTC-Sense elements in your programm? How do you instantiate the tabs-elements?
Tarquinio: http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...rary.xml#2

EDIT:
quotaholic: An error message would already help.
@quotaholic: Kill the remote app, open it and let if fail and use Logcollector (you'll find it in the market) to give us the log.

@Tarquinio: What Freezy is saying: he redid the whole sliding tabs thingy. (Amazing work!)
this is crazy Wink
Yeah, but good looking and open source, so everyone can reuse it for there open source project!
give me a few hours to get out and get the errans done. I will get the app installed when I get back, test and edit this post with a link to a log file.

I agree this is a beautiful app and I cant wait to get things meshing well. Great work!

Crud: I just had to give my phone to my house mate who is off the boat from Switzerland. He needed the GPS function for errands he had to run this afternoon. I will download the app and report back once he returns and I get the phone back in my hands.

The report back from the application upon not connecting was to make sure that the web server was running and to double check the login information (from memory). I should also note that I address my network on host names. "mediaserver.local" for my nas box and "mediacenter.local" for my mac mini. I have also tried to aim the remote application at an actual IP address, same on the system info page in XBMC of course. The same message came back on both methods. I used port 8080, login of "XBMC" and a blank password. Also tries with a simple numeric password with no luck. Event server is running as well.

Ok here is my pastebin hosted log file:

http://pastebin.com/m62931e76

I tried to connect. It was forced closed after not responding. Opened and tried to use but it didnt fail. Just told me to check settings and try again after making sure webserver was running. I then made another instance of my target using a host name in stead of using an ip address. Then I got a much different error indicating something with java.

"I/O Exception (java.net.UnknownHostException) Host is unresolved: mediacenter.local:8080"

Sounds pretty normal if the app or the phone wont recognize host names but I am hoping that the log file can help out.
This is a great application! I installed it on my (genuine) HERO and had it up and running is a breeze. Browsing my video's and tapping play, seeing the TV screen starting the video is simply fatastic. Thanks soo much! Big Grin

Two non-working things so far:
- the remote function does not do anything
- in the picture setting, I can see my directories and open these, so the individual picture files are displayed, but tapping on a picture file does not show the actual picture on the TV screen. Confused

Any suggestions?
For the first: keyword -> eventserver
Search this thread or see our google wiki. Sorry, had to explain it more then 10 times in this thread.
I have XBMC running on a PC and it is the latest according to the automatic updating tool I have installed; built 26880.

In the network settings screens I only see 2 menus. Missing is SMB and EVENT SERVER. That is odd, because I have media streaming via SMB protocol.

I have switched skins, thinking that perhaps menus were missing due to the Confluence skin I ise, but the standard PM3.HD skin did not show extra network items either...

Is my head up my ass?
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PBZ...directlink

The 2 checkboxes at the buttom are the ones for the event server.